Topic: 40 Ford Panel

donanolan    -- 08-07-2011 @ 9:23 AM
  I have just bought a 40 Ford Panel. I cannot find much in print about these cars. My first problem is the doors. I cannot find new hardware for the rear barndoors. My second problem is that I do not know what kind of doors are in the front. I need all new hardware. Are they pick-up doors or regular door. I am finding that the window regulators come in short and long.
My goal is to do a resto-mod, but with limited photos I do not know how much luck I will have. What did the interior look like?
Thanks in advance for you help
Dona

supereal    -- 08-07-2011 @ 10:44 AM
  Is your truck a panel, or a sedan delivery? In either case, finding parts will likely be difficult because most commercial vehicles were run until they fell apart. Even when body parts are found, they are often hardly worth the effort. The sedan delivery shared many parts with the DeLuxe car, while the larger Ford trucks used the sheet metal from the standard cars.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 08-07-2011 @ 2:51 PM
  HI
pickup a copy of HEMMING'S MOTOR NEWS at you local magazine store,and place add for WANTED, on this web site, also antique car flea markets have many parts,
if you a near PA, visit HERSHEY in early OCT,
I am positive you will find what you need,if you live in the USA,
ALSO spend the money for a couple of books on your specfic model of what you are working on this is a big help.
a picture posted here also will be a good idea.and is worth a 1000, words
my 3 cents 37RAGTOPMAN

donanolan    -- 08-07-2011 @ 11:15 PM
  The truck is a panel. I have heard that at panel has the front clip of a pick up, and a sedan delivery has a front clip of a sedan.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 08-08-2011 @ 5:51 AM
  HI
seems like you are on the right track,
also join the ANTIQUE TRUCK CLUB OF AMERICA,
you will have people that were there and done that to help you this is another outlet for info and parts,
good luck with your project,
Hope this helps 37 RAGTOPMAN

This message was edited by 37RAGTOPMAN on 8-8-11 @ 11:39 AM

TomO    -- 08-08-2011 @ 7:29 AM
  The body parts manual does not list a P/N for the doors on a pickup, so a good guess is that the front doors on the panel (model 82) are the same as on all of the other commercial vehicles except the cab over.

Tom

Bill    -- 08-08-2011 @ 12:41 PM
  Pickup and panel truck doors are not the same.The front fenders are different from thecars. The frame on pikups and panels are the same as cars.There where two different hoods used with a differnet latch.The trucks came with one seat,the pass seat was an option.The front floor was metal with a removeable trans cover,the rear floor was wood with metal skid strips like the pickup.

TomO    -- 08-09-2011 @ 6:38 AM
  Bill is correct. I did not read the description of the vehicles covered correctly.

All panel trucks used the same doors and and were called model 82. Ford made panel commercial and trucks. The commercial is on the 112" chassis.

Tom

unclemark    -- 08-19-2011 @ 6:49 PM
  just found your post today. Send to me your email and I can help with some questions.

Mark

unclemark    -- 08-19-2011 @ 7:01 PM
  Here is my panel just for fun.

Uncle Mark

donanolan    -- 08-27-2011 @ 7:52 PM
  Thanks,
My email is harleygirl63@cox.net.
My immediate need is the hardware and handles for the rear doors. Cannot find them to save my life.
Thanks,
Dona

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3534