Topic: history of a car

39convert    -- 08-07-2011 @ 1:16 AM
  i have purchased a 39 convertable and the car came with the story that ford used it as a promo car in the Melbourne motor show, complete with a Mcculluch super charger. The body number is 2 wich fits. I have tracked the car back to Ballarat where it was sold to a bloke (surname Tallant). Fords dont seem to know or dont wont to know anything about it. Melbourne motor show can tell me there was a 39 convert in the show but thats all. Any clues greatly appreciated

48-710    -- 08-07-2011 @ 2:04 AM
  G'Day 39 convert,
We have a family, by the name of Talent, where I live that still have several '30s Fords. I have spoken to them about their Fords that they have, but, the '39 has not come up in conversation.I will try and get in contact with them and ask the question for you. If the thing had a super charger I'm sure they would have said something.As for Ford not knowing any thing about it ,that, doesn't suprise me at all. I have tried to find records about my Roadster and was told to get in contact with a Early Ford V8 Club."They know more about the early models than us" was the reply.

39convert    -- 08-07-2011 @ 2:59 AM
  thanks for your reply the guy i tracked back to as the last owner bought the car from some one in Ballarat.
He now (or last i knew) lives in the sunraysia area, was here in the riverland SA some years ago.

shogun1940    -- 08-07-2011 @ 9:02 AM
  where are you talking about

supereal    -- 08-07-2011 @ 10:57 AM
  Ford operated plants all over the world, and apparently didn't share production information between them. Here, in the US, we have no better luck, in most cases, because Ford history was largely delegated to private sources and enthusiasts. If you are a member of the Club, consult your roster. There is a very active contingent in Australia.

48-710    -- 08-08-2011 @ 4:30 AM
  G'Day '39 Convert,
Well it's a small,small world.It just so happens that I live up the river in Mildura !!!. I have tried to get in contact with the Talents but the young bloke has moved to Adelaide. I'm told that his sister,who I went to school with,still lives here so I will try and find her if I can.If you want to touch base, give me a call at work on 03 50230917.
Cheers,
Gary.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3531