Topic: Edelbrock 94 carbs

ole_Bill    -- 07-13-2011 @ 9:25 AM
  I've seen several questions about these carbs. I have two on an Edelbrock super manifold fueling a 59A in my '36 sedan. The carbs installed easily and fired the first time right out of the box with no adjustments required. My only problem was routing the linkage from the right (passenger) side to the left as required by these carbs. Ended up with a cable routed around the front carb and pulling the rear part of the straight linkage connecting the carbs.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 07-17-2011 @ 2:03 PM
  olebill
try SPEEDWAY ,Edelbrock Throttle Linkage Kit, Dual Carb - Standard Price: $74.99 EA In Stock
View Larger Item #: 3251032
this is what I found on SPEEDWAYS WEB SITE.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
I would check this web site out and order a FREE CATALOG,
My 3 cents 37RAGTOPMAN

This message was edited by 37RAGTOPMAN on 7-17-11 @ 6:09 PM

ken ct.    -- 07-24-2011 @ 1:00 AM
  If this is because the carbs are the 8BA type with no throttle shaft sticking out of the drivers side of the base,then you bought the wrong type of 94 for this. Older carbs ie: 59,21-29,and 91-99's have enough shaft on mentioned side to clamp a arm on with a connecting rod between them to connect the carbs together AND original throttle rod from fire wall can be connected to say the rear carb on the drivers side as normal. You may have to shorten it as it will possibly be too long now.{easily done] ken ct.

ole_Bill    -- 07-27-2011 @ 1:39 PM
  OK Ken, now you have me completely confused. The Edelbrock 94's have the throttle shafts on the driver's side and I have an arm on each shaft with a solid rod connecting the two carbs. The problem is that the stock throttle linkage from the gas pedal comes off the firewall on the passenger side. I routed a Lokar cable from the firewall linkage (passenger side), around the front carb and connected it to the arm on the rear carb (driver's side). Depressing the petal causes the pedal linkage to move toward the firewall on the passenger side, pulling the cable which in turn pulls the rear carb arm forward, reving the engine. It's possible, I guess, that I have the firewall linkage installed wrong, but I don't see any way it could push the carb linkage toward the front of the car if the connection was on the driver's side as you suggested. Maybe I better post some pictures.

ole_Bill    -- 07-27-2011 @ 2:45 PM
  Some pics

ole_Bill    -- 07-27-2011 @ 2:46 PM
  some pics

ole_Bill    -- 07-27-2011 @ 2:46 PM
  some pics

Stroker    -- 07-28-2011 @ 9:34 AM
  Well now Bill, that's a "bit of a lash-up". Why don't you just install am Edelbrock-supplied lever (like you have on the left side of the carbs) on the right hand (passenger) side of the front carb?
You can leave the rear carb alone, in case you wish to install a hand throttle. Using the front carb will also give you a longer, straighter, pull for your stock firewall-mounted linkage.

ole_Bill    -- 07-30-2011 @ 8:29 AM
  I think that would be ideal and believe me, that was my first choice, but the carbs provide no access to the throttle shaft from the right (passenger) side. I called Edelbrock to see if there was an extended throttle shaft available that would allow me to put the linkage on the right side and they said there was not.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3388