Topic: Ford fuel line sealing washers

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 07-06-2011 @ 3:09 PM
  These are the COPPER TAPERED Washers that seal the FUEL lines, which prevents fuel feedback returning to the tank,[ this is over a period of time,}
I just wanted to show that they do exist, and are available at www.then-now.com
you and call and ask for TOM,the owner,
781-335-8860
He also sells a beautiful fuel pump kit, with a modern diaphram. and comes with very easy to follow instructions with pictures so just about anybody can rebuild their own fuel pump, it lists for $37.50
'this is great if you want to drive your car and show it also,and retain the original FORD FUEL pump that the car came with,
my 3 cents RAGTOPMAN

supereal    -- 07-06-2011 @ 7:33 PM
  If fuel is siphoned back to the tank, there is a leaky valve in the fuel pump, which is a check valve. I've heard it mentioned over the years, but never saw it happen. If you have an air leak in the fuel line anywhere between the tank and the fuel pump, no fuel would be delivered.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 07-07-2011 @ 5:50 AM
  super, thanks for your input,
BUT these do the job, been there,done that,,
this is for the VERY MINOR air leak that takes a few weeks to leak back,
believe me these work, these are only $3.00 a set and do no harm, and can only do good,
some pumps the seats are worn from changing fuel lines and pumps and over the years, loose the factory seat in the pump,
this is not for large leaks, I know that large leaks will pull in air not allowing fuel to be pulled up to the pump,also I would assume a large leak would be leaking gas out of the line or fitting,
if you ever worked on a diesel car or truck you would have a idea what I am saying, if air enters a diesel fuel line, either going in or coming out of the fuel system you will not be moving,,
my 3 cents 37RAGTOPMAN

supereal    -- 07-07-2011 @ 12:37 PM
  Anytime there is an air leak in a fuel system, gas or diesel, the pump loses prime, and the engine balks or stops. I'm not against good seals in a fuel line, but siphoning back to the tank just doesn't happen. I see flex lines with a built in check valve advertised and wonder why. If any fitting isn't air tight, it needs to be replaced. Same goes for the flex line. If they crack from age and heat, again, the fuel supply is affected. Most fittings and seats that are damaged were overtightened in the first place.

kubes40    -- 07-07-2011 @ 1:29 PM
  Hey Super, Like you I wondered why the flex lines with a check valve had been marketed. Well, I know WHY, I just can't imagine why anyone would buy one!
If the fuel is siphoning off somewhere, it is almost always down the intake. You probably know the same "old time" tricks to eliminate this as I do.
I wonder how many guys take the time to solder the ferrules on the end of the steel lines (yes, STEEL - not copper)? I'd bet not many. There's a reason Ford did it and it wasn't to save production costs.

supereal    -- 07-07-2011 @ 4:45 PM
  Amen, brother. I have no quarrel with sealing fuel line connections, but "siphoning" is simply not a problem. If you have a vacuum in your fuel tank that pulls fuel from your pump, you have a very different situation.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3352