Topic: paint color

fender60bob    -- 06-29-2011 @ 5:46 PM
  on pages 7-21,7-29 and page 7-32 of the ford restoration manual there are pictures of cars in green. Does anyone know what this color is called and have the mix formula? thanks fender60bob

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 06-29-2011 @ 6:11 PM
  what year FORD car are you painting ?
might be easier if we knew,each year had certain colors, and had differences each year,so there are many to choose from
my 3 cents RAGTOPMAN

fender60bob    -- 06-30-2011 @ 11:24 AM
  The color is for a 34, 5wd coupe (Delux)

parrish    -- 06-30-2011 @ 1:02 PM
  Its a much warmer green than either Vineyard or Brewster...might be Apple Green (M1225) which was a wheel color and optional pinstripe. As the photos show (R), it may have been the owner's choice to go lighter. Super color!

parrish    -- 06-30-2011 @ 1:03 PM
  Its a much warmer green than either Vineyard or Brewster...might be Apple Green (M1225) which was a wheel color and optional pinstripe. As the photos show (R), it may have been the owner's choice to go lighter. Super color!

TomO    -- 07-02-2011 @ 9:44 AM
  The color in a printed picture may be completely different that the car in true life. The printing process may distort the color so much that it is unidentifiable. The same caveat goes for color chips.

If you are going to put the car on the Concourse for judging, have some Vinyard Green mixed and spray a panel to see if you like it on your car. You could also take the 16 point deduction and paint it any color that you like or a 5 point deduction by adding some tints to change the shade.

If you just intend on being in Touring Class, you can paint it any color that you like.

It is your car and you will have to be happy with the color, so make your choice with that in mind.

Tom

fender60bob    -- 07-03-2011 @ 12:37 PM
  I think that all the colors on the pages listed are the same color with variances in lighting due to camera flash. I can't find any chip thats close.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3312