Topic: 1950 Conv..offset solenoid bracket

Cherokee    -- 11-16-2009 @ 7:15 PM
  Hey guys....a couple of us who have 50 convertibles are using a solenoid offset bracket for our o/d transmissions. After looking through countless Ford manuals, we have yet to find any reference to these brackets. We understand that it is a factory part that was used on 49 and 50 convertibles because of the X-frame, but yet we find no references. So we're beginning to wonder if we have just overlooked it somewhere.
Can any of you guys shed some light on this?
Thanks

51fun    -- 11-16-2009 @ 7:57 PM
  They are listed in the parts book, also require a solinoid with a different angle on the plunger, both parts are hard to find. sol. is around but offset bracket and lever is rare.

Cherokee    -- 11-17-2009 @ 4:25 PM
  Thanks.......I'll check the parts book.
Still wonder why they never mentioned it in any of the shop manuals that we've seen.
We did find a fellow that supplies a close replicate
of the bracket assembly, and it doesn't require a different solenoid. I can imagine how few of those are still around.
Thanks again.

49inthefastlane    -- 11-20-2009 @ 2:03 PM
  Do you mean the repo bracket and linkage by Jim Spencer?

Cherokee    -- 11-27-2009 @ 4:35 PM
  Hey 49.....sorry so long getting back to you.
I can't locate the receipt for the bracket just now, but the name Jim Spencer sure seems familiar....as I recall , there was only one guy who had these available. If you were needing more info on him or the bracket, let me know and I'll try to dig up that receipt. Also another buddy of mine put me in touch with Spencer and I'm sure my buddy's records are better than mine.

49inthefastlane    -- 11-28-2009 @ 9:17 AM
  Hi Cherokee:

Last I heard, Jim Spencer is very ill. His wife is taking his calls and they have a few parts left. They also make the cast parts for the convertible top side rails. Phone 716 353-4604

49inthefastlane    -- 11-28-2009 @ 9:19 AM
  Hi Cherokee:

Last I heard, Jim Spencer is very ill. His wife is taking his calls and they have a few parts left. They also make the cast parts for the convertible top side rails. Phone 716 353-4604

Cherokee    -- 11-29-2009 @ 9:05 AM
  Thanks 49....very sorry to learn of his illness....may God bless him and his family.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=325