Topic: NU-RELICS P.W. HELP

COUPE35    -- 05-30-2011 @ 6:28 PM
  35 ford 3w. Installed new glass, New glass channel bought nu-relics power window direct bolt on kit. Wanted to use this kit because the glass goes up & than forward like original, problem is window goes up & down very fast ,too fast, Talked w/company and they have had no complaints, They did say they went to a stronger motor a few years ago. I can get a refund but I'd like to keep the original operation of the window, Plus I'd have change all the channel over for straight up & down movement, thought about hooking some sort of resister inline. anyone run across this with nu-relic or have any Ideas, Thanks Sam..............

ford38v8    -- 05-30-2011 @ 9:33 PM
  Coupe, I have two thoughts for you. One is that we here on the EFV8 Forum are mostly not into power windows and such, so you may not get as helpful a response to your question here as on a Hot Rod Forum. The second is that no matter what supplier for what kind of part you have problems with, you'll always be told that nobody ever complained until you. The guy on the other end is always baffled as to why you can't get the hang of it like everyone else. I think all the suppliers subscribe to the same Complaint Resolution Service.

Alan

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 05-31-2011 @ 5:19 AM
  I guess by putting P W in your rare 35 coupe,you are building a street rod,
my thought would to try a 12 volt heater blower motor resister pack,you will have atleast 3 different speeds,
to choose from,you might be able to find a ajustable resister also,that you could adjust the speed you want,
good luck with that, but I really have to ask is why?
these windows roll up and down with no effort,the way they were made, my 3 cents 37RAGTOPMAN

trjford8    -- 05-31-2011 @ 7:38 PM
  Sam, most electric window units only go up and down. I don't know of any unit the rolls forward like the stock regulators. If the seller told you that they roll forward like original they should be able to tell you how to make it work correctly. Most good vendors have a tech line to help with problems. If they can't help you, I would be looking for a refund.

butchbov    -- 06-12-2011 @ 4:05 PM
  I have a set of Nu relic regulators in my 49 & they are exact duplicates of the origional except with motors & no crank. If the 35s are exact duplicates of the origionals as advertised they should operate like them too.

Also, mine seem to run a little fast, but it hasn't caused any problems.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3159