Topic: 36 Cabriolet grill

Brendan    -- 05-24-2011 @ 9:39 PM
  HELP, i just put a motor in a 36 cabriolet for a Friend
i did not take it apart. i am trying to put the grill back in. dose the radiator go in first? then what about the lower shroud dose it fit into the grill or dose it go underneath the fender flange where the grill bolts to, please help thanks Brendan

drkbp    -- 05-25-2011 @ 5:58 AM
  Brendan,

The grill and inner shroud can be put in from where you are in the picture. Open or closed cars are the same for the grills of that year.

The inner shroud with the crank hole fits inside the grill and bolts to the lower part of the fender that hides. Your inner front fender panels have louvers but mine don't. They are the same size though so the attachment would be the same

You may have to have the inner front fender panels and the radiator rods loosened a little. The hood needs to sit down over it all. Everything needs to line up grill/hood/radiator before you tighten it all up.

I have a '35 Cab I drove to the office this morning so I just looked at it. Pretty much the same thing I believe. Did mine many years ago but I know I was driving it when it was just like your picture and then put the grill in.

Not a fun thing to do but I know I did it by myself. That hood is heavy and I would try to get someone to help you put it on because it is awkward. The only thing Miss Happiness helped me with was the top iron step bolts on each side.

Very nice looking car and I like the look of your top boot. Isn't that Cordoba tan? PRETTY!

Hope this helps,

Ken in Texas

trjford8    -- 05-25-2011 @ 8:34 AM
  Brendan, the radiator must go in first. Every thing on the front end sheetmetal basically centers around the radiator being in place. That looks like Frank Whigham's 36. You might call Mike Buegeleisen (in the roster) and look at his 36 coupe.You will be able to see how it all goes together.

Brendan    -- 05-27-2011 @ 6:49 AM
  do i need to loosen up the front fenders? i figured out how the parts go but how do i get it in? please help thanks, Brendan

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3127