Topic: Fiberglass headliner for 1936 1 ton Ford

bcjerone    -- 05-13-2011 @ 2:03 PM
  I am a new member and am very impressed. We are new to the vintage Ford group. We just bought a 1936 one ton Ford flatbed truck and I am looking for a headliner. I understand that they were cardboard back in 1936, but also understand that there is someone in the Northwest who makes a headliner for these 1936 trucks. He makes it out of fiberglas. Anyone know who this is? How I can get in touch with him/her? Really appreciate any information that anyone can help me here. Thanks! Bobbye Jerone

ford38v8    -- 05-13-2011 @ 4:39 PM
  Bobbye, Welcome to the EFV8CA and our Forum. We'll gladly answer your questions if we can, or help you find your own answers. I haven't heard of a fiberglass headliner, but I do understand that the headliners were optional equipment on trucks, and that they were black cardboard.

I can recommend that you join our National Club and a Regional Group in your vicinity. This way you can network with fellow Ford owners in person, and participate in the events offered. Tell us where you are located and we'll point you to the nearest Regional Group.

I would also suggest you invest in the 1935-36 Ford Book offered on this website. Car bodies of course were different, but your truck differed from passenger cars in the mechanical areas only in the transmissions, differential ratios, and wheels/tires. This book will provide information on mechanical areas that you will find important.

Alan

trjford8    -- 05-13-2011 @ 8:25 PM
  Bob Drake in Grants Pass, Oregon carries the fiberglass headliner for your truck. they also have door panels, kick panels and the small pieces that go below the headliner to cover the inside corners. Call 1-800-221-3673.

1932BB    -- 05-14-2011 @ 6:00 AM
  It looks like Mac's Antique Auto Parts has the fiberglass headliner and another kit of a different material. I have heard that the fiberglass headliners don't look "right". As stated above, your large truck probably had no headliner. The price and the oversized shipping of both kits is enough to stop me from going that route.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3068