Topic: '41 Ford p-u in pieces

dvs@cot.net    -- 05-12-2011 @ 10:11 AM
  I have a '41 Ford pick-up that was dismantled. Most of the old parts are there. There are also LOTS of new parts. The flathead V8 (24 bolt with 59 A-B on the head) has been overhauled and is in good shape. I am not able to complete the project. I don't know what it is worth. I don't want to give it away, but I need some money back. I need some advice. For more info, email me at dvs@cot.net.

dvs

Stroker    -- 05-12-2011 @ 10:29 AM
  Sounds like a project that needs a home. I'd take a bunch of photo's that better reflect the extent of your cache, and post them on the Club's classified site for starters.

dvs@cot.net    -- 05-12-2011 @ 10:46 AM
  Good idea. And I will reduce the pixels on the photos so they load quicker.

dvs

supereal    -- 05-14-2011 @ 2:29 PM
  Also, put the pix in JPEG in a usable size, such as 9 X 7. They load much faster. It sounds as if you have what is generally called a "basket case". Too often, critical parts are missing when the vehicle was dismantled. The probability of selling often depends on the location. If you are a Club member, look up the regional group (RG) for your area and contact the chairman of the group. Most are very knowledgable regarding their membership, and may be able to give you some leads. In any case, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of value unless you can find someone who loves that particular truck. They are popular but, like all old vehicles, can be very expensive to reassemble if incomplete

dvs@cot.net    -- 05-14-2011 @ 5:55 PM
  Thanks - I figured I needed to reduce the size of the photos. I do have pretty much everything that came off of the truck and it was running when it was dismantled. I already found out the chrome strip on the hood is hard to get and mine is there and intact, also the instrument panel. I bought a lot of stuff for the rebuild too; wiring, floor boards, etc., etc. I appreciate the info.

dvs

This message was edited by dvs@cot.net on 5-14-11 @ 5:56 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3059