Topic: 1936 Ford Carpet Sets?

Ron Crouch    -- 04-27-2011 @ 8:36 AM
  I'm looking for a source of carpet for my 36 Ford Fordor Sedan?

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 04-27-2011 @ 11:27 AM
  Try LeBARON BONNEY, if you want good ones,not cheap but you will be happy,
I think a phone call might be the way ,to see if they make the carpets,and
you can always get a price from a local upholstery shop and see if they can make a set for you,
hope this helps,37RAGTOPMAN

This message was edited by 37RAGTOPMAN on 4-27-11 @ 4:34 PM

supereal    -- 04-27-2011 @ 12:18 PM
  I can find rubber mats for your car in the L-B catalog, but no carpets. If you want carpet, you can do what we do: Buy a piece that comes close to the original from a carpet store and have it cut and the edges bound by a carpet layer. If you don't have an old carpet or mat for a pattern, you will have to either obtain the rubber version for a pattern, or make a pattern yourself for the cutter/binder to follow. C&G stocks the front mats in both black and taupe on page 264 of their catalog.

thirtysixford    -- 04-27-2011 @ 4:44 PM
  Super is correct, I called L-B some months ago and they do not offer carpet for the 1936.

When I bought my 5 window coupe in the '90s it had really nice carpet in the front. It was bound on the edges and had a rubber piece where your foot would rest in front of the accelerator pedal and also was finished off where the pedals went through. It also had really thick sound deadening material.

I did not have an Optima battery, so over time, the fumes etc ate a big hole in the carpet.

I still have the old carpet, so I suppose we could make a template from it, but my car has '39 pedals/brakes installed and the floor mounted starter switch has been removed. It also looks like the carpet is sort of "molded" to the shape of the trans cover, so a flat template may not give a correct result.

Mike

Chris in MA    -- 04-27-2011 @ 6:01 PM
  Is this what you are looking for?

http://macsautoparts.com/early-v8-carpet-fordor-sedan-rear-choose-your-material-fcc34r36/camid/F30/cp/JS0R3CHL1072210/

thirtysixford    -- 04-27-2011 @ 6:10 PM
  Chris

please correct me if I'm wrong ( I sure hope I am wrong because I need a set) but if you read carefully, the Mac's ad says the 1936 are for the rear seat area only.

Chris in MA    -- 04-27-2011 @ 6:55 PM
  Yes Rear only. Macs does not carry carpets for the front.

You could always locate the material-call Macs-and make your own pattern for the front if you like, as has been suggested.

trjford8    -- 04-28-2011 @ 7:35 PM
  I got some carpet from Home Depot and made my own patterns for my 37 coupe. Take your time and make sure you have the padding/insulation down first before making your patterns. I used the indoor/outdoor carpet and the color is called "wheat". It's a muted tan color and goes great with the tan mohair upholstery. Cut the carpet a little bigger than your patterns so you can make adjustments when you trial fit the carpet.
Once you have the carpet cut to fit you can take it to your local upholstery shop and they will put on the binding. If you are doing the floors of a 36 sedan I suspect the carpet will cost you less tha $40. I spent about $60, but I am covering the floor of the trunk along with the front floor. To have the binding put on I suspect the shop will charge you $100-150.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2974