Topic: kr wilson

4 flat    -- 04-26-2011 @ 5:56 PM
  looking for a v-126-b addaptor plate

Dave D    -- 05-06-2011 @ 12:11 AM
  Call these guys, they reproduce a number of KR Wilson mounts.

Model A Ford WorksModel A Ford Works

2316 Northeast Oregon Street
Portland, OR 97232-2284
(503) 284-1928

supereal    -- 05-07-2011 @ 1:54 PM
  I'm not that familiar with the V-126-B K.R. Wilson adapter, but they made Ford specific tools of all kinds. It it is a tool, try Bob Masters. His e-mail address is rmasters3@home.com He has furnished parts and service for our Sun machines.

TomO    -- 05-08-2011 @ 9:24 AM
  The adapter is for the KR Wilson distributor timing fixture. It allow the 42-48 distributors to be timed using the fixture.

4 flat, I hope that you are looking for the adapter to complete a collection and not to use for timing your distributor. The points supplied today are not as good quality as the points supplied in the past. Most do not have the brass insert for the pivot in the movable contact and the tension is not in specs. A distributor machine operated by a qualified technician is the only way to set the points on a flathead.

Tom

supereal    -- 05-08-2011 @ 10:50 AM
  Masters supplied the flathead distributor adapter for our Sun machines, so he may have the one TomO describes. I agree that the fixture is inferior to the machine. If you have an ohmmeter, you can use it to exactly determine the place where the points open, if you use the "straightedge approach". We discovered the problems TomO outlines more than a year ago. Some of the point sets had no threads at all in the connector, and all displayed objectionable "bounce" on the strobe due to poor spring tension. The worst came from a vendor on the east coast, and all were returned. Finding both right and left hand points is a problem. Places such as NAPA carry only one side because it is used in the later distributors.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2972