Topic: '40 Convert

dominguezde    -- 04-20-2011 @ 6:44 AM
  OK fellas, heres one for ya.
Anyone out there have the inside windshield divider trim for the 40 convertible, for sale?

Thanks, Dennis

supereal    -- 04-20-2011 @ 11:24 AM
  The dividers and the interior garnish are not the same for the convertible and wagon as for the other models, so be cautious about any you find or are offered to be sure it will work, as you may already know. Finding convertible parts can be a real hunt. I looked for over a year for the windshield bright trim for my '47, and found that the windshield gasket was also special, even though two vendors told me the closed car type "would work". They don't.

trjford8    -- 04-20-2011 @ 1:12 PM
  You might place a want ad on this site in the classifieds. You might also place an ad in the wanted section of the Fordbarn( www.fordbarn.com). Just for info be wary of anyone from a foreign country contacting you and saying they have the parts. I posted a want ad on this site and got three e-mails from some guy telling me he had the items.You can tell how they word their e-mail that they are from a foreign country. Ask for a photo of the item and tell them that you only buy from people in the USA. You won't hear from them again.

fatfender    -- 04-24-2011 @ 7:52 PM
  I have a nice homemade one. It was made from 3 pieces (the middle and 2 ends braised together. Painted and mounted would be hard to distinguish from original. $40 plus shipping. Can send pic's. Let me know.
brhunsinger@msn.com

42ford    -- 04-25-2011 @ 10:33 PM
  The center piece is a heavy piece of metal, not a flimsey piece of trim Its job is to add strength the tho center of the windshield. You could call Lauren matley and ask he he know w where you could get The upper and lower are just clips to dress up the look of the windshield. Failing him giving you an answer tjher Jerry Veley Jimorrr I cant remember where he is locater, but its in the midwest maybe nebraska. Sure someone will have his number
good luck
Dick

barry    -- 04-25-2011 @ 11:33 PM
  42 ford--the 41-48 conv were heavier but the `37-`40 conv. were thinner, the same thickness as the window garnish because the 37-40 conv.[unlike closed cars and 41-48 convs.] had a perminent welded in divider. the 37-39 conv. were the same and will fit but are different on the ends than a 40 conv.

deuce_roadster    -- 04-26-2011 @ 7:41 AM
  That is a tough piece to find. The piece you need fits Convertible and Wagon. I have both a conv and wagon and can verify this info. Barry is correct, the center piece is made like the other 2 parts of the garnish molding, same material. The piece will have 2 holes in the middle for the screws that hold the rear view mirror on. Later today I can take a picture of the piece if you need one.

Jerry Veley recently passed away, he lived in Oregon and restored Sportsman and Woodies.

dominguezde    -- 05-03-2011 @ 10:17 AM
  deuce_roadster,
Yes, a couple of pics would be great.

Thanks, Dennis

deuce_roadster    -- 05-03-2011 @ 8:19 PM
  Dennis, this first picture you will notice has a hole at each end, one hole is for the w/s wiper switch the upper hole is for the antenna rod. This is for a radio equipped car.

The next msg will have a picture of one for a car with no radio, so it only will have the w/s wiper switch hole.
Good luck finding one. I had an extra I sold years ago

deuce_roadster    -- 05-03-2011 @ 8:21 PM
  This one is for a car with no radio.
The hole with the notch is for the w/s wiper switch.

dominguezde    -- 05-09-2011 @ 5:19 PM
  Hi fatfender,
Yes, I would like to see some pic's.

Dennis

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2946