Topic: Greyhound dog

MOXIE    -- 04-01-2011 @ 8:26 AM
  My friend's father had this dog forever and not sure what car it goes on. Asked me if I wanted it. Anybody know anything about it. There is a small threaded hole in the bottom but no numbers. The tail is not attached.

Stroker    -- 04-01-2011 @ 9:06 AM
  Undoubtedly, the greyhound-encabulator had reached a very high
level of technical development. It had been successfully used for
operating nofer trunnions. In addition, whenever a barescent skor
motion is required, it may be employed in conjunction with a drawn
reciprocating dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration. Nice dog!

MG    -- 04-01-2011 @ 10:41 AM
  The dog (Part# 40-18385) was a Ford authorized accessory for the 1934 Model year only. The one you have pictured is an after-market and looks to be made for the 1936 Ford.

MG    -- 04-01-2011 @ 10:46 AM
  Stroker,

You forgot it's most important function as a framistan adjuster for the correct blivet clearance from the chingothis!

This message was edited by MG on 4-1-11 @ 10:52 AM

Stroker    -- 04-01-2011 @ 11:00 AM
  MG:

Indeed I did, and thank you for sharing your Greyhound knowledge! Happy April Fools Day.

ford38v8    -- 04-01-2011 @ 12:10 PM
  Moxie, I believe that MG is correct that your dog is not an original '34 Ford accessory, as it lacks the large radiator cap base. I hadn't known there were any repops made with stand-alone tails, however.

The Lincoln dog, I think, has more pronounced ribs than the Ford dog, but your dog's ribs seem more of an afterthought and not as nicely detailed.

I'm not a dog expert, just my recollections from deep among the spider webs. Someone else may have fewer spider webs than I.

Alan

alanwoodieman    -- 04-01-2011 @ 7:05 PM
  is the dog anatomically correct? Mrs Ford made Henry change the original greyhound to be "not so crude" when seen in public

ford38v8    -- 04-01-2011 @ 8:55 PM
  Ha! I never heard that one! Alan, Happy April Fools' Day!

Btw, I think the dog was first on the Lincoln, so that would have been Edsels prerogative, wouldn't it?

Alan

alanwoodieman    -- 04-02-2011 @ 4:29 AM
  it was first on the lincoln, but that is what Mrs Ford rode in!!

dicker    -- 04-08-2011 @ 2:39 PM
  At the San Diego Auto Museum, we have a 1934 Lincoln Town Car which has an original greyhound. The tail is very skinny and the dog IS anatomically correct--a boy!! As someone mentioned, the base screws on to the top of the radiator and the dog tilts back on a heavy hinge which lets you put water in the radiator.

I have a 36 Ford with aftermarket dog (tail attached to the back leg). To make it more realistic, I used a fine bladed hacksaw and separated tail from leg and then finished it off with some jewelry files.Looks pretty good but not original. I I knew how to do it, Iwould send a photo.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2852