Topic: 37 coupe winshield wiper motor/headliner

klowery    -- 02-28-2011 @ 1:11 PM
  Does the headliner cover the ww motor or does it wrap around ? 37 5w coupe
Pictures would be helpful
Thanks in advance
Keith

trjford8    -- 03-01-2011 @ 7:57 AM
  Keith, there is a metal panel which is covered with headliner material that covers the wiper motor. The panel has small holes where the wiper controls stick through to operate the wiper.

klowery    -- 03-01-2011 @ 1:50 PM
  thanks

cpipp01@aol.com    -- 03-02-2011 @ 2:50 PM
  Keith I have attached a photo of a used header panel minus the headliner material for a 37 Ford your sun visors and radio speaker attach to the panel and the panel hides the windshield wiper motor or motors. Dave

minnron37    -- 07-05-2015 @ 2:33 PM
  I've gotten down to the fabric-covered metal plate after removing the inside windshield frame and every screw I can find. But the panel doesn't budge. What else might be holding it in place? Are there spring clips like found on door panels? Don't want to get too aggressive and wreck the headliner. Hope you have some ideas…
Ron

juergen    -- 07-06-2015 @ 1:47 PM
  Ron, You say you have removed all the screws. Besides the windshield frame screws, the only screws holding the panel in place are the 4 screws at the top of the panel, as shown by the holes in the picture. I would just gently pry the panel starting at the top screw holes.

minnron37    -- 07-06-2015 @ 4:30 PM
  minnron here: solved my own inquiry – found two more hidden screws, removed the panel

minnron37    -- 07-06-2015 @ 4:35 PM
  Juergen, I sent my 4:30 message before seeing your earlier reply. Thanks for your interest and quick reply!

rebrown    -- 10-21-2015 @ 4:17 PM
  I am almost done with a complete restoration on my 36 Tudor and can't figure out what the second shaft from the wiper motor is for and what fits on it. I know one is the switch, but can't find any info or pictures for the second shaft. Is it for a manual handle, which I don't seem to have?
Sorry no pictures of the headliner area yet

juergen    -- 10-22-2015 @ 6:28 AM
  The second hole is for the speed control shaft. The wiper motor can have a little attachment which can control the speed (as if the open loop speed was too fast!). Sorry, I don't have a picture.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2674