Topic: Phaeton's Top Bow Mounting Hardware

35Phaeton    -- 11-06-2009 @ 6:20 PM
  Does anyone know of a source for the lower chrome mounting t-nut that secures the rear bow to the top irons on a 1935 Phaeton ??...there are two, one at each end of the rear bow.

Thanks,Jim

trjford8    -- 11-06-2009 @ 7:55 PM
  Check with LeBaron-Bonney they may have them. Also check your local Ace Hardware. They usually have T nuts. They might be slightly different than the originals, but since they are hidden no one will know the difference.

35Phaeton    -- 11-07-2009 @ 4:39 AM
  Thanks for the response...but this a t-bolt about 1/2" x 3/4" in size, has a curved surface to match the surface of the bow,chrome plated and has a machine threaded bolt on the back, goes through the bow from the outside and is secured by a sleeve nut from the back side.

Jim

trjford8    -- 11-07-2009 @ 7:40 AM
  Jim, you might check with Roy Nacewicz on this one. Also you might check around with those who repo the top bows.Years ago a guy named Neil Gates made some beautiful repo top bows out here in California. He was in the So.Cal area. I recall that Girtz Industries also made top bows. Also check with the Early Ford Store in San Dimas, Calif. They have a ton of NOS parts and have a lot of resources to get special items. Check our vendors section on the front page of the site.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 11-7-09 @ 7:51 AM

supereal    -- 11-07-2009 @ 7:54 AM
  The LeBaron catalog shows a variety of fasteners, including both sleeve and tee nuts. Their web site is www.lebaronbonney.com If they don't have what you need, it is likely no one does. They show a "top bow to Iron fastener set" for 35-36 phaetons as TP563. The tee nut and screw set to secure the end of the rear main bow to the top irons is A-180600-S

carguy    -- 11-07-2009 @ 6:24 PM
  I am reproducing the original sleeve bolt used on the '34 Cabriolet center bow since I need as pair for my car. It has a short section of 1/4-28 threads and a shoulder which is approximately 3/8" in diameter. This part was originally chrome plated steel but I'm doing them in stainless. If this is like what you are looking for let me know.

3w2    -- 11-07-2009 @ 9:17 PM
  Jim,

I believe that I have an extra pair of restored originals, but I'm away from my hobby building for the next couple of weeks.

If you haven't found a pair in the interim, please let me know and I'll check for you when I am back. (I know exactly what you are looking for as I've both '35 and '36 phaetons.)

Dave Rehor (walmer111@aol.com)

35Phaeton    -- 11-10-2009 @ 6:07 AM
  Thanks everyone for your reponses, I have persued most of your suggestions execpt for Roy N...I have in the past purchased the LeB items and emailed Girtz(my top irons)..but no luck..

Attached is a photo of the remnants of mine...I will follow up with 3w2 as you suggest...

carguy your offer sounds fine also, except its oval..

Jim

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=266