Topic: RediRad Radio

dansford    -- 02-20-2011 @ 12:47 PM
  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone installed a RediRad radio in there 35 or 36Ford if so are you satisfied with it,did you run into any problems converting there wires to your original radio,any interferance of any kind ? Thanks dansford

Dolman    -- 02-20-2011 @ 6:19 PM
  I looked up the Redirad. It is just a very low power AM transmitter that is inserted between the antenna lead-in and the radio. It has an internal electronic switch that restores the antenna when the RediRad is off so that you can listen to broadcast radio. There is no other connnection to or within your car radio. There is a power connection necessary from the car's 6 volt bus. Just a washer and nut on the appropriate terminal under the dash and another to a ground. Preferably a connection that is dead when the ignition switch is off. As for interference, whether it is sensitive to ignition noise or not, I don't know, but the shorter your power connections are the better. Because it operates with your radio tuned to 1000 hz, close proximity to stations broadcasting at that frequency could interfere. It depends on how good the antenna lead isolation is inside the box. Strong stations in close proximity on 990 and 1010 could also bleed into the RediRad, but maybe not. I guess it would be like buying new shoes. Gotta try 'em on to see if they fit.

47Fordor    -- 02-22-2011 @ 6:14 PM
  If anybody has one, or gets one in the near future, give us a review please. I've been thinking about something like that and would love to know how well they work. Especially with AM stations going the way of the DoDo bird, it might be nice to have more to chose from.

Chris

4dFordSC    -- 02-23-2011 @ 8:29 AM
  <<If anybody has one, or gets one in the near future, give us a review please. I've been thinking about something like that and would love to know how well they work. Especially with AM stations going the way of the DoDo bird, it might be nice to have more to chose from.>>

I'll second that. If someone has figured out a way to use it with the type of radio where the antenna rod connects directly to the top of the set (e.g., '40 Roto-Matic), please let us know.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2628