Topic: Jan/Feb V8Times

TonyM    -- 02-16-2011 @ 2:04 PM
  My friends have received their current V-8 Times (Feb 2011); I have not.

If it fails to arrive, will I be able to special order a new issue from the club?

TonyM

TonyM.
Calumet City, Illinois, USA

Kens 36    -- 02-16-2011 @ 3:28 PM
  Tony,

The V-8 Times was mailed about February 1. I just got mine last Saturday in Glen Ellyn. I'm aware of a couple other guys in the Chicago area who have not received theirs yet.

Cornerstone Registration will take a request to reissue one month after mailing. So give it a little longer, at least until March 1. It will be worth the wait.

Ken

Don Rogers    -- 02-16-2011 @ 5:26 PM
  I live 80 miles from where they are printed and I don't have mine yet.

Don in St. Louis

Kens 36    -- 02-16-2011 @ 5:57 PM
  Don,

They are probably just hand-delivering yours so it gets to you in great shape. A friend in the wilds of Iowa received hers on 2/7. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Ken

nelsb01    -- 02-16-2011 @ 7:39 PM
  Hint: Leave a tip for your mailman (or person). The problem is that the older delivery people know that 3rd class doesnt have to be delivered. Ever notice when you have a substitute or on Saturday you get lots of mail. That's the answer, the regular knows the rules, and if they dont have to deliver, they wont. Just to heavy for their years of service. I am getting close to advocating sending the PO to a private company. Then we will get delivery like we are suppose to.

trjford8    -- 02-16-2011 @ 8:30 PM
  I just got mine yesterday and I'm out here on the "left" coast. Great issue!

TonyM    -- 02-17-2011 @ 7:35 PM
  Thanks All.

TM

TonyM.

TonyM    -- 02-19-2011 @ 4:54 AM
  Mission Accomplished!!!

TM

TonyM.

51f1    -- 02-19-2011 @ 6:17 AM
  nelsb01, don't dis the Postal Service. They are delivering the mail like they are supposed to, and they do a great job at a reasonable price. I only recall their losing one piece of my mail in all of my lif (out of millions handled daily). I routinely send parcels across the country by the USPS in less than 48 hours. If you want to help them keep prices down and improve service, when they propose to close a post office, support them instead of complaining to your Congressman. Congress doesn't let them be efficient.

Richard

nelsb01    -- 02-19-2011 @ 7:46 AM
  Agreed.....they HAVE DONE a great job. But, I know someone who is an employee and the older delivery persons only deliver the mail that they are required to deliver. And, IF there are excessive advertising flyers or 3rd class to deliver, they dont have do it, and wlll leave it for the substitute delivery person on Saturdays. That is why, somedays you get a ton of mail, and somedays you dont. At least that is what happens in cities with populations greater than 70,000.
In reality, the postal service is on the decline. There will not be any increase in mail -- even the federal government and state govenments will cease mailing tax forms next year. Electronic is taking over, whether we like it or not. There are even Regional Groups that are asking members if they would like the monthly newsletters online. I am afraid those of us over 59 1/2 will see the US Postal Service either become too expensive or cease to exist before we push up daisies.
At least we have our friends in the garage that we can go share our time with.

TonyM    -- 02-19-2011 @ 3:51 PM
  I am happy to have my new issue and I have read most of it.

There needs to be a correction: The photo at the top of page 77 is not Clyde Barrow. The man standing next to the 1932 Model B-400 in the photo at the top of page 77 is named W.D. Jones. The man in the photos at the bottom of the page is indeed Clyde Barrow.

TM.

TonyM.

This message was edited by TonyM on 2-19-11 @ 9:38 PM

Chevguy49Ford    -- 02-22-2011 @ 9:04 AM
  Still waiting for mine here in Nova Scotia.

Cheers, Scott.

1949 Custom Tudor.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/35thLE/49016.jpg

Don Rogers    -- 02-22-2011 @ 2:57 PM
  Good luck Scott. I still don't have my copy as of the mail on 2/22/11. Its interesting....I called the printer and they said that they mailed out everything on 2/9/11......Yet some members claimed to have received theirs on 2/7/11..Hmmmmm

thirtysixford    -- 02-23-2011 @ 11:03 AM
  Got mine yesterday 2/22, nice issue. I'm on the west coast.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2605