Topic: warning from me to all of you

46fordnut    -- 02-13-2011 @ 7:09 PM
  IF YOU USE E-BAY FOR PARTS DON'T GET PART FROM OLDPARTS09
only ships on fridays and here it is 2 weeks later and no parts or e-mail to explain whats going on..sent an e-mail never responded . ill let you people know what happens... all i got was door mirrors witch i don't have yet. i used pay pal.. was asking for money order.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 02-14-2011 @ 4:40 AM
  you are able to put a claim against him with E-BAY,
tell them he doesn't respond to your e-mails and tell them you never received the parts,and want you MONEY BACK,
you can also call PAY-PAL, or e-mail telling them the same thing,
they will help you,just make sure you waited the time they tell you,. and then put in the claims against him,
hope this helps. 37RAGTOPMAN an KEEP on FORDIN,,,
and MAKE SURE you leave Negative FEEDBACK,
TELL it like it is,

This message was edited by 37RAGTOPMAN on 2-14-11 @ 4:51 AM

supereal    -- 02-14-2011 @ 9:11 AM
  I suspect that you are not the only one in line to get some action regarding an online vendor. The auction sites seem to be overrun with problems these days. That said, it can be dangerous to cite any particular person or firm publicly in the event of a dispute. There have even been lawsuits filed against some published adverse reviews of products and services in national media, although they have been well founded and documented.

flathead4rd    -- 02-14-2011 @ 1:10 PM
  Are you saying he requested a money order and you used Pay Pal? If so then that may be the problem. He might not accept pay pal. He appears to have a 100% customer satisfaction rating according to E-Bay. Maybe he is sick or some other reason. Just curious.

46fordnut    -- 02-14-2011 @ 2:37 PM
  no just has no idea how to ship stuff or answer e mail. just told me today the part was shipped . and far as pay ment they told me to use money order first . the when i somehow lost the instruction they sent ( via e mail) then they told me it was ok to use pay pal. plus they only ship once a week on fridays. witch it does not say anywhere on the page. also fails to say anything about only pay with money order until you win.

supereal    -- 02-14-2011 @ 2:52 PM
  If you don't use PayPal or a similar third party to handle the money, it is likely you are in for a nasty surprise. We deal with sellers all over the country. Some, who know us, send items on approval. Those who don't often hedge about photos or references.

46fordnut    -- 02-15-2011 @ 6:55 PM
  hay what do ya know they just showed up today.

bigvince    -- 03-15-2011 @ 2:56 PM
  I've had more than my share of bad parts. Seems like a picture is taken of a "good" part and then junk shows up. Had this with a spare tire carrier. More hammering, filling, sanding than the piece was worth.

46fordnut    -- 03-15-2011 @ 7:20 PM
  parts look very nice . just took to long to ship. and they do look like the picture.

wmsteed    -- 03-19-2011 @ 9:48 AM
  I have been buying and selling on eBay for almost ten years, during this time I have only encountered one vendor that I had a problem with, I filled a complaint with eBay about the deal and got my money back ASAP.
In all fairness to the vendors and purchasers... It takes two to tango.. I assume nothing, if the vendor does not list his payment options, I ask the question before I bid. The same is true of shipping rates, if it is not spelled out in the listing I ask. If the pictures and/or description is vague, I ask for additional pix, etc.
To many people assume that they are going to get something for nothing and/or they are going to get a NOS quality part for rock bottom prices.
I actually use paypal via my Credit card, that way I have two people in my corner, in lieu of having funds sucked out of my bank account that I might not get back.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

tbloss    -- 03-19-2011 @ 11:04 AM
  WMsteed: My experience over the last few years with E-Bay and PayPal are very similar to yours, and I have found parts that I have been trying to find for years. Yes, I have received parts that are not quite as I thought, but have been happy with my experience on E-Pay. Have never sold anything so I don't know that end of the game.

I bough some parts a couple of weeks ago from the "Only Ship On Friday guy. In his shipping instructions he stated the Friday deal, and after the auction he emailed me. Maybe 46FORDNUT helped me out by going after the guy and he is now stating Friday shipping in the conditions for bid. The parts I received were as described. Tom

Tblossom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2591