Topic: wiper parts

46fordnut    -- 02-09-2011 @ 3:00 PM
  h*llo i need a wiper transmission . if i find a used one is there a problem with it ? all the parts are there. i have a new old stock wiper motor it works great .

thirtysixford    -- 02-09-2011 @ 7:05 PM
  What?

46fordnut    -- 02-09-2011 @ 7:12 PM
  ok . here's what i mean . if i can find a used wiper linkage with a core of a wiper motor . aside from the wiper motor being bad would there be any thing else wrong with the other part. it seems to been in fair shape . mine is shot and finding any of these thing is next to impossable.

TomO    -- 02-10-2011 @ 8:09 AM
  Did you try Dennis Carpenter? He had the Trico type listed in his catalog a couple of years ago. Ficken might have them also.

Most of the used ones have quite a bit of slop in the pivots. You could try the desert recyclers in AZ, as they did not have a lot of rain.

A machine shop could make new bushings for the pivots, if you cannot find a good set.

Tom

supereal    -- 02-10-2011 @ 10:11 AM
  Many wiper problems are cause by the "tower" assembly that holds the wiper blade shaft. Due to time and weather exposure, they are often damaged to the point they will hardly turn. This results in worn linkage and pivots. Before you replace an expensive motor, be sure that these parts are free and can be moved easily. Replacements are available if they are beyond fixing.

46fordnut    -- 02-10-2011 @ 6:05 PM
  dennis carpenter wants 170 for his . did you ever use the early ford store?

supereal    -- 02-11-2011 @ 12:41 PM
  C&G (800/266-0470) shows them in their catalog as $145. Like so much else, that may have increased. The assembly includes the drive arms,linkage with rubber grommets, bezels and nuts. The part number is 51A-17500. I'm not familiar with that vendor. We tend to stick with the better suppliers, as the quality of parts, particularly foreign made, is often sub par from unknown vendors. Our list of sources of good quality parts has shrunk considerably in the past few years.

46fordnut    -- 02-11-2011 @ 5:26 PM
  ok. thanks. ill check the place out

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2560