Topic: absurd question about "FREE 300 MILE INSPECTION"

greginski    -- 01-30-2011 @ 7:06 PM
  well i am sitting here looking at page 63 of the ford reference book that came with the 1939

and it says that i am entitled to a free inspection etc etc goes on and on

the big ? is ......has anyone ever gone to a modern dealer in the past 30-70 years and asked for this or any of the free services...from the original reference book.

nelsb01    -- 01-30-2011 @ 8:26 PM
  Sounds like an interesting possibility. I would suggest you find a small town dealer -- one that has been around for over 50 years and then try it.

As much as they want to be customer friendly, big city dealers are only around to sell products. My car still has the dealership logo on the trunk from the big city dealer, and even though it has changed hands over the years, they could car less about an old car.

joe b    -- 01-31-2011 @ 7:41 AM
  Believe it or not I tried this at the Ford dealer here in Massillon,Oh. I took a friend to pick up his car at the service department. I took him in my '41 Ford coupe.
I asked the service manager if they would honor the coupon in my book. He laughed and said none of the mechanics they had were even born then. They all came out to look at the car. One mechanic jokingly asked where the computer was so they could diagnose it. He couldn't believe it was six volt!

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 01-31-2011 @ 1:05 PM
  not a good idea
buy a repair manual and do you own repairs.,
you can always ask,your fellow V8 members,
my 3cents worth 37RAGTOPMAN
I had to rescue a MODEL A from a FORD dealer one time,
they did not know what is going on,,,

silverchief    -- 02-05-2011 @ 3:01 PM
  I am lucky enough to have found modern garage willing to maintain and repair my 46. They are a small,very busy family owned and operated facility with excellent mechanics. They enjoy having my car there and treat it
with kid gloves. I keep an original garage manual with the car for their reference.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2518