Topic: door glass

custom    -- 01-22-2011 @ 6:16 PM
  What is the best way to keep glass in track on 52 ford c/line? Just finished assembly on new panel and installed everything and the glass came loose from track the first time up and down.

trjford8    -- 01-22-2011 @ 8:21 PM
  Sounds like you have three issues. 1) the glass setting tape apparently was not thick enough to hold the window in the track. 2) the window may be binding in the vertical channels that guide the window up and down. 3)Also make sure the bottom channel is seated properly onto the regulator arms.

custom    -- 01-23-2011 @ 7:15 AM
  Yes there is more binding on the window channel. All the track and guide is new . Any good idea on what to use to lube or loosen the tension on the glass? The pass side is tighter than it was also but it works and has not come loose.

trjford8    -- 01-23-2011 @ 8:24 AM
  If I recall correctly there are some adjustments in the bottom of the doors that move the metal channels back and forth. If you installed new channels( felts) into the metal channels make sure they are the correct width for the glass and they are properly seated into the metal channel.Did you put in new glass or are you using the original glass? If you installed new glass make sure it was cut to the correct size.

42ford    -- 01-23-2011 @ 12:21 PM
  Are you using new glass? If so do you have any of the old glass? If so us a mic or caliper to measure the thickness of each. Are they the same? The early Fords used 1/4 glass. Most of what is available now is 3/16.
What do you mean that it came loose from the track? The track runs vert. and has a fuzzy material to cushion the glass. The bottom of the glass fits in the Glass Channel. This is where the glass setting tape is used.
Which is your problem area?

custom    -- 01-23-2011 @ 6:43 PM
  I will check the thickness of the glass and ofcourse I will be takeing the panel back off "again" to see what the problem is. I was just assumeing the glass came loose ! I'll be back!!! Thanks for all the info.

custom    -- 01-24-2011 @ 1:09 PM
  I took the door apart again and found the rollers were off the pins . put them back in place and lubed every thing up good and readjusted a few things and seems to be working (NOW). Thanks again for the info.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2485