Topic: trunk handle

pbc64    -- 01-09-2011 @ 8:08 AM
  h*llo can anyone tell me how to get the lock assembly out of the trunk handle also my lock that i want to replace is the original with no key if i have a locksmith make me a new key will he need a hurd key blank or will any blank do this is the 41-48 style handle thank you paul

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 01-09-2011 @ 8:46 AM
  hi
a good locksmith should be able to PICK the lock and make you set of keys, without taking the lock apart,
just remove from lid and take to their shop.
They also should be able to have the key blanks,maybe not original but will do the job,there are a few lock venders in the V8 TIME selling original key blankss and lockservices,
my 3 cents worth 37RAGTOPMAN and KEEP on FORDIN!!!!!

4dFordSC    -- 01-09-2011 @ 8:55 AM
  I believe ILCO makes the blanks--at least that's what a local locksmith used to makes spares for my '40.

supereal    -- 01-09-2011 @ 10:54 AM
  You can obtain "real" keys from Jesser's. Their website is www.jessersclassickeys.com They can remove and repair or replace your trunk lock cylinder. Getting the handle off is done by unscr*w*ng the large nut inside the lid that holds it to the base. Removing the lock cylinder may require unlocking it, which can be tricky without a key. You may be better off just ordering a replacement handle, if your base is good. C&G sells the handles, complete with locks and keys, as 11A-7043511.

pbc64    -- 01-09-2011 @ 11:00 AM
  thanks for your replies i need to remove the lock so in order to do that i need the key? i have two handles and swapping the locks paul

bo8109b    -- 01-09-2011 @ 12:47 PM
  To remove the lock cylinder, insert a key and turn it a quarter turn right. This position allows one to insert a straightened paper clip with a 1/8 in. bend on the end to depress the locking pin seen near the front of the cylinder. With the pin depressed, Pull the cylinder out with the key.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2413