Topic: 1940 tool kit and jack

Pair of 40's    -- 01-07-2011 @ 10:31 AM
  I'd like to know what the tool kit consists of and what jack is correct for a 40 convertible.
Thanks

kubes40    -- 01-07-2011 @ 4:27 PM
  The kit that was included with the purchase of a new 1940 Ford passenger car included:
jack, jack handle / tire iron / hub cap bar, screw driver, spark plug / head nut wrench, (2) open end wrenches, adjustable wrench, lug nut wrench, small leatherette tool pouch and large burlap sack.
Picture below is the two most common jacks that were utilized. One was made by Auto Specialties, the other Ryerson-Haynes.
Optional tools available at the Ford dealer were a grease gun, engine crank / lug nut wrench with extension and tire pump.

Hope this helps,
Mike "Kube" Kubarth

Pair of 40's    -- 01-08-2011 @ 8:14 AM
  Thanks for the info. Any ideas on where or whom might sell this kit?

Kens 36    -- 01-08-2011 @ 8:49 AM
  40's,

You could try contacting Lin Stacey at linstacey@sbcglobal.net. He is the Tool Adviser for the Early Ford V-8 Club.

Ken

kubes40    -- 01-08-2011 @ 11:52 AM
  Lin is THE guy. You won't meet a nicer, more ethical fellow. he'll sell you the correct tools and his prices are very fair.
Mike "Kube" Kubarth

wrosenkrans    -- 01-08-2011 @ 12:27 PM
  I've tried to contact Lin several times via that email address and keep getting a bounceback - mailbox full. I'm going to resort to old technology next week and ring him up.

I'm hoping he has a couple things I'm looking for to complete our kit - the jack handle/tire iron, burlap bag, and square jack base.

Wayne & Barb
'42 Super De Luxe Tudor

wrosenkrans    -- 01-08-2011 @ 12:27 PM
  I've tried to contact Lin several times via that email address and keep getting a bounceback - mailbox full. I'm going to resort to old technology next week and ring him up.

I'm hoping he has a couple things I'm looking for to complete our kit - the jack handle/tire iron, burlap bag, and square jack base.

Wayne & Barb
'42 Super De Luxe Tudor

Pair of 40's    -- 01-09-2011 @ 5:31 AM
  Thanks for the help, I emailed him and he replyed same day with the pic's and prices.
40's

wrosenkrans    -- 01-09-2011 @ 7:56 PM
  Also just got a very nice reply from Lin, and have ordered the tools I was needing. Not sure why the other emails didn't go through.

Wayne & Barb
'42 Super De Luxe Tudor

jcannoy47    -- 03-27-2012 @ 9:26 AM
  Unable to reach Lin Stacey via email (failed). Do you know how I can reach him or anyone else that might have a tote sack and or tool bag?

kubes40    -- 03-27-2012 @ 10:29 AM
  I am surprised you can't reach him. Try again... this is his current email address. (LinStacey@sbcglobal.net) I am in touch with him on occasion and have no difficulty reaching him whatsoever.
he has the pieces you desire and at a fair cost.

wmgmitchell    -- 03-27-2012 @ 2:27 PM
  Here's Lin's email address:
linstacey@sbcglobal.net

I've purchased tools from him and found him to be extremely redsponsive, helpful with excellent prices.

Let us know if he sells the burlap bags Mike spoke about. I didn't know 40s came with such an animal and I'd like to have one.

Bill

TomO    -- 03-28-2012 @ 7:38 AM
  He does sell the burlap bags. He has them made in batches so there will be times that he is temporarily out of stock.

Tom

daoust    -- 03-28-2012 @ 4:03 PM
  I needed a tool kit for my 1947 Ford. Lin was the man. The restored tools I got from Lin looked as good as new. You'll be happy.

David Daoust

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2408