Topic: 1942woodie Australia

kearnsy    -- 12-11-2010 @ 2:03 AM
  more pics

sturgis 39    -- 12-12-2010 @ 7:58 AM
  Do you visit the Ford Barn website? It has all kinds of discussions. There is a t, a an early v8 and newer forums. I see the same names on this forum as I see on the FOrd barn. There are a couple of other ford barns so you might have to sort through the listings. this site, ford barn and the Hamb make the cold winter days go faster. There is a link between the Hamb and ford barn. They say they are powered by something and part of the nuclear something

IF IT CAN NOT BE FIXED WITH BLASTING WIRE, DUCT TAPE OR JB WELD - IT CAN NOT BE FIXED

sturgis 39    -- 12-13-2010 @ 3:55 AM
  Did you visit the other sites

IF IT CAN NOT BE FIXED WITH BLASTING WIRE, DUCT TAPE OR JB WELD - IT CAN NOT BE FIXED

stovebolt    -- 01-13-2011 @ 4:48 AM
  Kearnsy. Was your station wagon made in Canada? If so, the serial number should be formatted 3A2XXXXF for right hand drive cars. It would be interesting to know since about 60% of Ford of Canada production was shipped to other Commonwealth countries.

supereal    -- 01-13-2011 @ 10:33 AM
  My understanding, based on Lorin Sorensen's book "Fabulous Ford Woodies", is that all Ford wooden bodies were made at the Iron Mountain, Michigan, facility for both domestic and export use and joined with the chassis there.

This message was edited by supereal on 1-13-11 @ 3:31 PM

bigvince    -- 01-27-2011 @ 1:57 PM
  Wood bodies were made in Iron Mountain, MI only. As far as mating to the chassis, that was done at the individual assembly plants. Canada is left hand drive -not right. I have no idea if or where Ford did the conversions for RHD. Considering the reduced amount of 42's that were built anyway, could it have been done by a supplier? Ford made the wagon for military use as well for the Brits - did it come from military?

alanwoodieman    -- 01-27-2011 @ 5:18 PM
  RHD, and all Ford autos were exported thru Ford of Canada, RH conversions were done in one of two forms-either completed in Canada or the complete cars were shipped in knocked down form and were assembled in the exported to country.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2294