Topic: ford records

jenkins_4    -- 11-22-2010 @ 4:14 PM
  I am writing to see if anyone here has an interest or knowledge of some records I have. They were manufactured by the Ford Motor company in the early 1900's. They are 16 inch records that also have a film slide with them. They seem to be instructions for the employees of how to build the specific cars. We have about 18 of these and the slides as well for various ford model. We have looked high and low and no one seems to know anything abou tthem other than they are very rare.

jenkins_4    -- 11-22-2010 @ 4:47 PM
  Here are some pictures.

v8teditor    -- 11-22-2010 @ 7:32 PM
  What you have are Ford Training records and filmstrips. These were made on the 30-50s and beyond for the dealer repair folks and salesmen for training purposes. They were used in the days before video tape and film. There was a record player/filmstrip projector machine. The record was played and when a tone was heard, the operator advanced the filmstrip. There is some value to them as a collectible. The Early Ford V-8 Foundation would be interested in these to preserve them. The filmstrips/records can be transferred to DVD for use on more modern equipment. If you'd be interested in possible acquisition by the Foundation, let me know.

jenkins_4    -- 11-22-2010 @ 8:07 PM
  Thank You very much for sharing your knowledge with us.
We would be interested in talking to you about details to get the records & slides to the Early Ford V-8 Foundation. Feel free to e-mail me at jenkins_4@yahoo.com

Don Rogers    -- 11-22-2010 @ 8:48 PM
  Your filmstrip is part of the 1938 truck selling campaign and was used by branch salesmen and dealers to sell customers on the features of the new trucks. The link below shows the type of record player/projector used at that time.

Don Rogers

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 11-27-2010 @ 6:08 AM
  I have a flim strip projector,but no player.what size is the flim. I think mine is 32mm. but will have to measure.to be certain,,,nice original one, it is in a case with extra bulbs,and is complete....
enclosed is a picture....
37RAGTOPMAN and KEEP on FORDIN,,,,,,

Don Rogers    -- 11-27-2010 @ 8:43 AM
  Film strips are 35 mm. Does your projector have a filmstrip adapter? It looks like it is set up for slides.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 11-27-2010 @ 11:48 AM
  yes it is my mistake, it is set up for slides.,and I have no adapter. sorry for the mistake, its been a while I looked at it,
37RAGTOPMAN,an KEEP on FORDIN,,,,,!!!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2219