Topic: $5000 and six months later....

ole_Bill    -- 11-06-2010 @ 3:38 PM
  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it ain't the train coming toward me.

oldford2    -- 11-06-2010 @ 5:11 PM
  Sure looks good!! Don't forget to add in your labor @$5/hr. How is the engine supported on your stand? Hard to figure out from the photo. John

ole_Bill    -- 11-06-2010 @ 5:27 PM
  The engine is mounted on the stand by a special adapter that uses the exhaust port bolts. It is generally assumed the tranny bolts on the bellhousing are too small and too weak to support a complete engine. Note the stock '36 221c.i. engine in the background. I have it listed for sale in the classified section

This message was edited by ole_Bill on 11-6-10 @ 5:29 PM

Stroker    -- 11-07-2010 @ 5:00 PM
  Ole:

Your photo's almost bring a tear to this old flathead guy. Other than your "alter-nadir", it is a
beautiful example of a "flattie". I'm glad you stayed with the Edelbrock "Super", as it was the most efficient 2-carb manifold ever built. When you get it installed and running, I'd love to hear regarding it's tractability. Me-Thinks is will be rewarding, given the spec's you've given us.
I have since determined that Holly actually did build V8-60 carbs. If your 97's are too much, and you need some Stromberg V8-60 carbs, contact me at kalbach@wilbluepella.org, and I'll try to steer you to some sources.

Dan

alsmith39    -- 11-11-2010 @ 6:16 AM
  Where did you get the support or was it specially made? I am presently starting the rebuild of myengine now that I have hadeverything stripped and magnafluxed.

ole_Bill    -- 11-11-2010 @ 7:43 AM
  The adapter came from Stumpy's Fabrication Works. You can Google the name to get his home page. I've purchased several items from him and have always been very satisfied.

Early46    -- 11-11-2010 @ 1:39 PM
  You can also get them from Red's Headers, a cast
Al. piece that bolts to the exhaust ports and to the
Engine Stand. Look under Flathead->Tools! About $100.

I've also made a couple, not that hard
if you can weld.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2137