Topic: New format not too friendly

oldford2    -- 10-27-2009 @ 5:00 PM
  O K, so here is my beef. I like EFV8 and Fordbarn forums and check in a couple of times a day. On this new format when I read a post I hit the reply and get a message that I must sign. O K So I go and sign in and where does it send me? Back to the home page and I then have to go to general Ford discussion and then scroll down to find the post that I wanted to reply to. Why do you have to sign in to make a reply????
Thanks John

flathead4rd    -- 10-27-2009 @ 5:18 PM
  Because that's what the rules state at the beginning. The only thing I would like to see changed is to be able to stay signed in instead of having to sign in each time you access the board.

nelsb01    -- 10-27-2009 @ 7:21 PM
  Thats strange. I sign in and go to ebay, email, other websites, and when I come back, I'm still signed on.

Now, if you sign off your PC --- then, yes, you go away.

But, I don't see why you should be disconnected by going someplace else...............

supereal    -- 10-27-2009 @ 7:25 PM
  You can have your browser remember your sign in. Then, just enter the first letter of your user name in the left box, and hit enter. We use Firefox, but I assume the other browsers work the same. Signing in is an extra step from the old Forum, but if it keeps the spam away, it will certainly be worth it. Being able to hover over the topics and get the gist of the topic is a great addition.

trjford8    -- 10-27-2009 @ 8:18 PM
  John, the reason for the sign in requirement is to keep the "spammers" out of the forum and ad section. We previously had many problems with spammers. It also keeps the "crooks/scammers" out of our ad section. Keeping out the "spammers" saves the club money as the webmaster does not have to constanly monitor the site for "spam". The Fordbarn is a fine site, but it operates a little differently than this site. It's my opinion that we get flathead questions with out the idle chit-chat that you see on the Fordbarn. I'm not saying that's bad, but I prefer to see questions answered quickly/accurately without the side comments.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 10-27-09 @ 8:19 PM

42ford    -- 10-28-2009 @ 7:58 AM
  Hooray for keeping all the comments away. Some of them are so far off the wall, but still you should be able to sign in and still be where you were rather than having to renavigate back.

BrianCT    -- 10-30-2009 @ 5:57 AM
  Just sign in when you first come to the site. Only takes one click on the triangle for me.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=209