Topic: Ford 1937

Azambuja - Brazil    -- 09-13-2010 @ 9:14 AM
  Gentlemen, good morning!
Forgive, but I can not speak English properly. I'm Brazilian.
I have a 1937 Ford and need to know what is your model. It is a cabriolet? It is cabriolet de luxe? It is a convertible? The number of your chassis is 1-7527385. Please help me know the model so I can buy the top right. Thank you. Roberson Azambuja - Brazil.

CharlieStephens    -- 09-13-2010 @ 9:47 AM
  The picture actually looks like a roadster. If it is indeed a roadster it will not have roll up windows. Post if it has roll up windows. The chassis number on early Fords never told the model, just when the engine/transmission were built. The number you gave does not match the American system of numbering, it may have been different in Brazil if they manufactured their own engines (I don't know if they did). You should consider buying the club's book on the 1937 Ford, it is excellent. You English is fine, I have seen worse from people raised in this country, don't worry about it and keep posting questions.

Charlie Stephens

37 Coupe    -- 09-13-2010 @ 4:34 PM
  That is going to be a beautifull car,already beautifull to me. I cannot tell if it is a roadster,cabriolet (both rumble seats) or a club cabriolet with enclosed rear seat from the picture but I sure like what I see.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 09-13-2010 @ 4:45 PM
  If it has roll up windows it is a Cabriolet,
if it has a rumble seat, It is the model # 760-A CABRIOLET
If it has roll up windows and a back seat it is a 760-B
CLUB CABRIOLET.
if it has NO ROLL UP WINDOWS in the doors, it is a ROADSTER,
I enclosed a picture of a 760-A CABRIOLET roll up windows and a rumble seat,
hope this helps 37RAGTOPMAN an KEEP on FORDIN,,,!!!

drkbp    -- 09-13-2010 @ 6:55 PM
  It does look like a roadster. I saw a nice body for a '37 at the Pate swapmeet years ago. Always regretted not buying it. The tops of the doors are rolled over and distinctive. Very pretty car!

Are the roadsters 750's? Can't remember.

Ken in Texas

GM    -- 09-15-2010 @ 5:21 AM
  Brazil it looks like a roadster body. There are no slots in the top of the door for a window. The photo shows a light reflection on the smooth top surface and it looks like side curtain snaps on the side of the door. G.M.

Azambuja - Brazil    -- 09-15-2010 @ 6:33 PM
  Dear, thanks for your help! He hasn't windows glass, and there is no opening for glasses. I believe it is a roadster ... Thank you, you helped me a lot!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1849