Topic: headlights

plymboy    -- 06-07-2024 @ 3:33 PM
  Restoration Supply markets a Halogen bulb that has the same base as the original type bulbs. Works now like a late model

ford38v8    -- 06-07-2024 @ 7:32 PM
  Halogen was yesterday's mistake.

Alan

trjford8    -- 06-08-2024 @ 7:45 AM
  Alan makes a good point. Bought a '32 with Halogen headlight bulbs and quickly learned that they are troublesome and hard on the electrical system and wiring. I would avoid them like the plague. See the other post on here about using LED bulbs. A much better choice.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 6-8-24 @ 7:48 AM

wmsteed    -- 06-12-2024 @ 11:49 AM
  The original reflector type headlights used a pre-focused bulb that is matched to the prisms in the lens, halogen/LED' bulbs do not work well with the original lens,the halogens also cook the switch due to high amperage draw.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

same    -- 06-12-2024 @ 1:14 PM
  Bill, agree on the led head light bulbs. the first leds i got from LEDLight.com didn't work so well with the '37 lenses and reflectors.the second redesigned set of led bulbs project a little better.and ofcourse whiter brighter light than incondescents. sometimes i'll get back home from drive in a duskey light condition the leds allow me to be better seen. Tom.

wmsteed    -- 06-18-2024 @ 9:38 AM
  I have BLC (Guide) 5.5" sealed beam clear driving lights on several of my vintage 6v vehicles... They work great and look great on vintage vehicles. I wired them up utilizing a 6v relay therefore the driving lights do not draw a lot of amps from the 6v system.
I have 6v sealed beam headlights on my '36 that are wired up via a 6v relay therefore the lights do not put an unnecessary load on lighting system switches, etc.
Please excuse the 38 Buick pix, it was the only handy pix I had of BLC driving lights on a vintage car.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=17073