Topic: National Meet T-Shirts

TonyM    -- 05-23-2024 @ 9:45 AM
  Why have all the national meet T-shirts been printed with the design on the back for the last several years? It wasn't like that for Auburn 2011, where the fabulous design was printed on the front. If one is wearing a hoody or an overshirt, the design on the back is buried and no longer able to be seen. If the design were printed on the front, then the design could be seen wearing a variety of shirts, jackets, hoodies, etc. I keep being told that "they" want them like that. When asked who "they" are, I am told that "they" is "everybody." Not true. This member would like the club to go back to the way it was and print the meet T-shirts with the design on the front.

78-730B

This message was edited by TonyM on 5-23-24 @ 9:53 AM

dean333    -- 05-25-2024 @ 1:07 PM
  I second that emotion.

TIM CARLIG

41-42fordadvisor    -- 05-26-2024 @ 6:38 AM
  Tom, My wife has asked me that same question for years. She says if you are talking to someone, they would be able to see the meet design and may never see it if it is on the back. Fred Killian

TonyM    -- 05-28-2024 @ 11:12 AM
  Thanks for the support Fred. Consider the following scenario: A member at the meet encounters another person some where in town and they have a brief interaction. One member is wearing his meet T-shirt with logo on the back with his hoody on. They two people take care of their matter and go on their way. No further contact. Had the meet logo been on the front, the two would have recognized that they were both there for the meet--fellow club members. Well, they meet, talk a little, and one discovers that the other has the part he has been looking for. They would not be talking BUT FOR the meet logo being on the front. Had the meet logo on the back and had been covered by a shirt, hoody or jacket, these two club members would not have made a connection and simply walked away.

78-730B

ford38v8    -- 05-28-2024 @ 10:44 PM
  While this does sound like an excellent idea on the surface, there must be two sides to the question. I'm sure you'd be welcome to join with next year's volunteers where you can put forth your good ideas.

Alan

TonyM    -- 05-29-2024 @ 9:24 AM
  Alan, don't get me wrong---I totally appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting together an event like a national meet, and I am also personally familiar with the difficulties of getting a bunch of non paid volunteers to co operate and get something big done. I appreciate all the efforts of the club and the members for the great meets that they put on for us. I know that there are more important things to gripe about. Thanks for listening. TonyM

78-730B

flatfoot    -- 06-07-2024 @ 11:50 AM
  Yes, the pic should be on both front and back Why not?

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=17056