Topic: Oil pressure &Water temperature gauge

slasher    -- 04-07-2024 @ 3:14 PM
  I would like to install an oil pressure gauge and also a water temperature gauge my water pumps have a plug on the out side is that where to install the sender? also I need to know where to install the oil pressure sender thank you

DanD32    -- 04-07-2024 @ 4:34 PM
  the oil pressure goes in the back of the block below the fuel pump and the temp goes in the left side cylinder head the ports on the water pumps are for your heater

51woodie    -- 04-08-2024 @ 3:40 AM
  It would help to know which type of engine you are working on, so all I can help with is the oil pressure gauge. I installed oil ,temp and vacuum gauges on the 59AB in my stock '46 Super Deluxe, as none of the gauges worked when I bought the car. I have since got the gauges working, thanks to help from members on this forum. The picture shows how I did my connections with brass pipe fittings. The reason for the long nipple just below the sender is to give clearance for the throttle linkage arm. What looks like a kink in the oil pressure line, is just in the sheathing I slid over the tubing, to prevent abrasion of the line tubing at any point between the engine and gauge.

This message was edited by 51woodie on 4-8-24 @ 8:40 AM

slasher    -- 04-08-2024 @ 11:13 AM
  I have the stock 221 V8 with 56k mi.where’s the best place to get a new fuel pump?

kubes40    -- 04-08-2024 @ 11:24 AM
  Don't get a new fuel pump. Instead, have the correct fuel pump rebuilt. If you don't have one, there's a good chance you can get one from Charlie Schwendler.
The pump on your car is '47 - '48.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

51woodie    -- 04-09-2024 @ 3:37 AM
  I second Kube's recommendation. Charlie's contacts are in the picture I attached to your other post.

lugshadow    -- 05-12-2024 @ 7:38 PM
  The water temperature gauge's sending unit can be installed in the cylinder head, thermostat housing, or water manifold. The most common location is the cylinder head. To install the sending unit in the cylinder head, remove the spark plug from the cylinder where you intend to install it. Next, screw the sending unit into the spark plug hole.
The oil pressure gauge's sending unit can be installed in the oil filter adapter or pump. The most common location is within the oil filter adapter coreball. Remove the oil filter to install the sending unit in the oil filter adapter. Next, screw the sending unit into the oil filter adapter.
After installing the sending units, connect them to the gauges.

This message was edited by lugshadow on 5-30-24 @ 1:22 AM

ford38v8    -- 05-12-2024 @ 10:44 PM
  Delete
Alan

This message was edited by ford38v8 on 5-12-24 @ 10:47 PM

51woodie    -- 05-13-2024 @ 6:01 AM
  I've read and reread the post by "lugshadow", and I do not understand the information that was written, as it makes little or no sense. The original poster did not specify the vehicle or engine that was being worked on, which I stated in my post above. Maybe "lugshadows's" intent was to be facetious, but it is certainly not helpful to the original poster

JayChicago    -- 05-13-2024 @ 7:58 AM
  Agree. Lugshadow's post makes no sense, should be ignored. Remove a spark plug and screw in a temp sender in the spark plug hole?!!! Nonsense!

ford38v8    -- 05-13-2024 @ 6:20 PM
  I deleted my previous strongly worded post on the off chance that lugshadow may actually have seen a flathead Ford once in a parade.

Alan

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16983