Topic: Selling a Ford

bo8109b    -- 02-06-2024 @ 9:31 AM
  Has anybody had good results consigning a car to Cody's Classic Cars in Stanley, WI? Carl

ford38v8    -- 02-06-2024 @ 5:03 PM
  I would consider that anyone using any consignment services should be prepared to accept a deep devaluation of those assets in consignment.

Alan

carcrazy    -- 02-06-2024 @ 5:29 PM
  One way to sell an old Ford or any other collector car is to list it with Bring a Trailer. This is an online auction that you can use for about $100. You have to fully describe your vehicle and take many photos of it. If the people running BaT agree to accept your car, you can expect it to sell within a month for the best offer. You can list a reserve price to insure the car does not sell for less than the amount you are willing to accept.

MG    -- 02-06-2024 @ 8:42 PM
  I've sold 3 of my early Ford V8's using the EFV8 Classifieds on this website > https://www.earlyfordv8.org/Classifieds.cfm

I couldn't be happier! Didn't cost me a dime...

trjford8    -- 02-07-2024 @ 8:27 AM
  Use this site and the Fordbarn to sell your car. Both are free and you can post photo of your car. You can also take it to a good swap meet where people can look at it and you can make the deal yourself.

CharlieStephens    -- 02-08-2024 @ 8:04 AM
  Also remember the club has a magazine with a classified section.

Charlie Stephens

JayChicago    -- 02-09-2024 @ 12:02 PM
  Carcrazy said: "Bring a Trailer. This is an online auction that you can use for about $100........ you can expect it to sell within a month for the best offer."

I thought a BaT listing/auction lasts one week. The $99 seller's fee gets you a 7-day listing/auction. And they do not want to re-list previous listings, according to the website. Am I wrong?

Steve Kennedy    -- 02-10-2024 @ 4:23 AM
  I used Auto Trader and it worked well, listing ran for three months, no extra cost. I think the listing cost was $100 and was worth it.

1942deluxe    -- 02-10-2024 @ 7:35 AM
  A friend passed late last July that had 14 cars. They placed ads on Facebook marketplace and currently have 13 of the 14 cars sold. It is free but you seem to deal with some squirrels on it. Then again after working in retail for 30 years the squirrels' are everywhere.

kubes40    -- 02-10-2024 @ 7:54 AM
  In my opinion, Bring a trailer does not bring decent sales prices for antique cars. Have a Porsche to sell? That's the place.
I wouldn't get near facebook as most "old guys" don't do the facebook thing.
Autotrader? Like Craigslist, simply too many goofballs to deal with.
Hemmings on-line is still being hunted by serious buyers. Easy to place an ad, reaches a lot of folks internationally.
The Fordbarn seems for the most part to attract those looking for real bargains.
Local swap meet? Not enough "traffic".

Consignment places? I have not found one that I'd consider worthwhile.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 2-10-24 @ 7:56 AM

carcrazy    -- 02-10-2024 @ 12:29 PM
  Two people I personally know have had excellent results selling vehicles on Bring a Trailer. One friend sold his 1940 Ford Station Wagon for twice as much as he thought it would bring and a family member was very pleased with her experience selling a 1993 Dodge Viper. Both vehicles sold very quickly and without any drama.

wmsteed    -- 02-17-2024 @ 10:04 AM
  I have used craigslist for many years to sell vehicles, boats and RV's with great success. There are a few goof balls on craigslist, just like any of the online/nationally listed venues. Take good pix, write a good description and don't list your phone number on line. Keep in mind that if a deal sounds to good to be true, it usually is. If the prospective buyer offers more than the asking price, with a kick back to cover his travel/transportation expenses, dump him, he is fishing for a sucker.
I have sold over ten vehicles, two boats, two expensive RV's and lots of parts via craigslist in the last ten years. I also use Hemmings and Ebay to buy/sell vehicles/parts. 'CAVERT EMPTOR' BUYER/SELLER BE AWARE

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

FordFreak    -- 02-20-2024 @ 6:18 AM
  I have found Craigslist and Facebook to be the best for me. Cars, parts, vintage slot car tracks, old bicycles, all kinds of items. I would also try this site, along with Fordbarn.

1952 Ford F1 Pickup
1965 Falcon Sprint

v8teditor    -- 02-20-2024 @ 2:10 PM
  The Early Ford V-8 Museum can sell your car. They are a certified auto dealership in Indiana. They can put your car on consignment.

Call them for details

260-937-8022

www.fordv8fundation.org

FordFreak    -- 02-21-2024 @ 6:39 AM
  I just read about the museum selling cars last night in the latest issue of the Foundation News.
I would definetly try them! JMO - F F

1952 Ford F1 Pickup
1965 Falcon Sprint

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16901