Topic: Oil pressure port

thirtysixford    -- 01-27-2024 @ 3:30 PM
  Other than the port at the rear of the block behind the intake manifold, is there another place to measure oil pressure?

kubes40    -- 01-27-2024 @ 3:52 PM
  nope

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

thirtysixford    -- 01-27-2024 @ 4:18 PM
  didn't think so , but was hoping.
Thanks Kube

carcrazy    -- 01-27-2024 @ 9:09 PM
  If you have a V8-60 Engine the port for the oil pressure gauge is at the top rear of the intake manifold (valve cover).

40 Coupe    -- 01-30-2024 @ 6:03 AM
  If your talking about an 85 HP there is a vertical and a horizontal port.

51woodie    -- 02-04-2024 @ 9:00 AM
  I'm not familiar with the '36 engine, but the picture shows how I "piped" to supply three points; the oil filter line, the pressure sender, and the line going to the mechanical oil pressure gauge, that I installed in my 59AB, '46 Coupe. The line for the pressure gauge looks like it is kinked, but that is just the cover I put over the line to prevent chafing if there were places it would rub, between the engine and the dash. I installed the gauges when I first purchased the car, because the stock gauges were not working, and I didn't want to drive it without knowing the engine status. I learned how to fix the gauges, which I have done, thanks to the members on this forum, but I have not brought myself to remove the ones I installed under the dash.

Drbrown    -- 02-04-2024 @ 9:47 AM
  As 51Woodie indicates, one can find an assortment of brass fittings to accommodate most needs. I added an under-dash tube-fed oil gauge. Speaking of gauges .... I adjusted all the dash gauges to match readings shown on the under-dash oil and amp gauges. Left the stock temperature gauge alone since the sensors are on opposite sides of the block. I added a voltage gauge because charging system was spiking too high and killing my distributors' pertronix ignition module (got rid of that setup and back to a stock points distributor).

This message was edited by Drbrown on 2-4-24 @ 9:57 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16892