Topic: Trunk Interior

Travis    -- 12-14-2023 @ 1:50 PM
  I just bought a 1937 Ford Business Coupe. It was restored in the early 90s. The trunk of the car has a spare tire and that is it. There is no hardware to hold the tire in place. The trunk floor pan has what looks like a place to hold the spare tire in place. I was told by a semi reliable source that the trunk in the business coupe had a shelf that went from side to side. Where can I go to find pictures of what the trunk interior should look like? Thanks.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 12-14-2023 @ 2:34 PM
  HI
this book may help you1937 Ford Book. 220 pages, sprial bound, softcover. $33.00, plus shipping and handling.
This is the long-awaited, much anticipated 1937 Ford Book. This book contains an abundance of illustrated, detailed pages with chapters on Interior, Exterior, Engine Compartment, Upholstery Swatches, Chapters on the 85hp and 60hp Engines, Accessories and much more!
FOR SALE ON THIS WEB SITE,
37RAGTOPMAN, MAINE I own one,

carcrazy    -- 12-14-2023 @ 2:36 PM
  If you haven't already done so, you should buy the club's "The 1937 Ford Book". It is available through this website. In it you will find pictures of the trunk interiors for several models and descriptions of the mountings for the spare tire.

TonyM    -- 12-14-2023 @ 5:10 PM
  Hello. Good luck with the car.

FYI: Ford did not have a "Business Coupe" in 1937.

Three types of coupes in 1937:

Club Coupe
De Luxe Coupe
Coupe

The club's 1937 Ford book is a great reference work.

78-730B

BRL    -- 12-15-2023 @ 8:04 AM
  Hi Travis:
As others have said, the best starting point is to buy The 37 Ford Book. After carefully reading all the stuff about the trunk and tools you will discover the various models in 1937 had slightly different configurations of their interior trunk parts...and they changed during the production of the car which is not discussed in the book. Some of us (like me) are still trying to get our trunks restored or corrected after months of research and asking around. I am not sure if the trunk shelf parts have engineering drawings available from The Benson Ford Research Center, but I am sure someone with your model car has the correct shelf and can give you dimensions to fabricate one from...they are made from wood and can be fabricated at home if you are handy and have some woodworking tools. Anyway, after you start thinking you know what you want or need, you can post more specific questions and people will answer. It is possible that a parts supplier (like Bob Drake Enterprises for example) may have a luggage compartment "wood kit" for your model. Unfortunately, the part suppliers dont have as many parts for 1937 models as others for various reasons.

Travis    -- 12-16-2023 @ 5:06 PM
  Thanks to all that replied. I ordered the 1937 For Book.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16817