Topic: Ford Tri-Motor V-8 Times

TonyM    -- 12-08-2023 @ 7:34 PM
  Great article about the Ford Tri-Motor airplane. The EAA Ford Tri-Motor made a visit to the Ford Motor Company Airplane Hangar at Lansing Municipal Airport (IGQ) in Lansing, Illinois, some years back. I was a member of the Commemorative Air Force back then and my friend, fellow CAF member and senior EAA guy on the field, Steve Sikorski, allowed my 1937 Ford to be posed with the Tri-Motor after I took the flight. Here are the photos of the Tri-Motor, my 1937 Ford and the Ford Motor Company Airplane Hangar.

78-730B

This message was edited by TonyM on 12-8-23 @ 8:32 PM

3w2    -- 12-09-2023 @ 2:47 PM
  Here's one of the other survivors that I flew on a couple of years ago out of Marathon in the Florida Keys with a great view of the seven mile bridge south of the island.

mfirth    -- 12-10-2023 @ 5:37 AM
  From infancy till I turned 13, I flew in Tri-Motors from Port Clinton Ohio to Put-In-Bay Ohio where my grandparents lived. I had the honor one summer day to fly "right seat" with Herold Hauk who had the most hours of anyone flying "The Fords". I still remember the sounds, smells, and the many stories I could tell about these wonderful planes. At this time there is a [new/restored] Tri-Motor being completed at the airport and museum in Port Clinton. I can almost hear those wonderful radial engines and see the airplane packed full of Christmas presents and children sitting on their parents laps as we depart for the island in 1956. Thanks for the memories!!
Mike

3w2    -- 12-10-2023 @ 6:22 AM
  I too was a 'frequent flyer' on Island Airlines. Lots of great memories.

This message was edited by 3w2 on 12-10-23 @ 4:43 PM

trjford8    -- 12-10-2023 @ 6:57 AM
  Had a chance to fly in a Tri-Motor a few years back when it came to the Napa Airport. It was making the rounds to small airports in California and was sponsored by EAA. It was the thrill of a lifetime for several in our V-8 Regional Group. Flying in one should be on a V-8ers "bucket list".

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16804