Topic: Looking for an article in V-8 Times

philmco    -- 08-08-2010 @ 11:05 AM
  My brother recently acquired a 40 Standard Tudor that was featured or cited in a 1990's V-8 times article by Charlie Dildine. It may have been titled "An unusual 40" and the gist of the article was that it may have been one of the oldest surviving 40's based on it's serial # and birthdate.
I would sure appreciate anyone who may remember which issue that was in.

Thanks...

Phil McConnell

supereal    -- 08-08-2010 @ 1:52 PM
  Phil: There is a complete index of V8 TIMES articles in the Club roster. You will find the '40 featured on page 63. There were two articles in 1994 that may be what you are looking for. I have a big shelf of the magazine, but neither of those issues, May/June and Nov/Dec. That would be Volume 32. Perhaps someone else has them.

philmco    -- 08-08-2010 @ 2:09 PM
  Thanks, Super...Do you mean the searchable index of aticles? I did spend alot of time there and did notice a possible link. I don't have a roster and all I see on this website is a staff roster.

JM    -- 08-08-2010 @ 3:15 PM
  You must be a member of the EFV8 national club to get a roster. Maybe you know someone who is a member and they could look for the article in their roster and possibly lend you copy of that perticular magazine. JM

ps...Phil, after posting the above response I did take a look at the two magazines that supereal mentioned in his post and found a write-up on an "Unusual '40" in Vol.31, No.3, May/June 1994 issue of The V8 Times. It was in the "letters to the editor" section on pages 7 & 8 and writen by Charles Dildine of Hunington Beach, CA. If you would want me to make a copy and send it to you, I would need your address. JM

This message was edited by JM on 8-8-10 @ 3:38 PM

philmco    -- 08-08-2010 @ 4:10 PM
  Thank you JM for that big help...I did pay my $35 for dues earlier this year but was not sent the roster. I sent an email requesting one.
I appreciate the offer to make a copy and sending to me.

I will send you a pm with my address

Many thanks,

Phil

P.S.
Well, I guess I won't send a pm since your private messaging is disabled. Thanks just the same..That's an image of the car

This message was edited by philmco on 8-8-10 @ 4:15 PM

JM    -- 08-08-2010 @ 4:50 PM
  Phil, Now that is really one beautiful car! I believe I like the '39 deluxe and the '40 standard grilles more than I like the '40 deluxe grille. JMO. My PM preference is now turned on. JM

trjford8    -- 08-08-2010 @ 9:05 PM
  There' nothing like a 40 standard in "Cloudmist Gray". The club does have back issues of the V-8 Times. If you have the specific volume and issue number you may find that it is still available. You can call 707-226-5256( V-8 Acccessories) between 8:00am and 8;00 pm and they will check for the issue you need.The people who handle the accessories will be away this coming week, but will return next Saturday.

TomO    -- 08-09-2010 @ 8:03 AM
  Some back issues (from the late 60's to the early 2000's) are also available at the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum. Here is the contact information:

tiffany@fordv8foundation.org

She is there only on Tuesday - Thursday so be patient.

Here is a link to the Museum web site

http://www.fordv8foundation.org/index.html

Tom

JM    -- 08-09-2010 @ 9:14 AM
  Phil, Two copies of the article went in the mail to you this morning. JM

philmco    -- 08-09-2010 @ 1:59 PM
  I thank you very kindly for all who have been so helpful....Means alot to me.

Phil

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1670