Topic: 1934 Roadster, what is correct and what not?

36 conv sedan    -- 08-01-2023 @ 11:54 AM
  Hi guys! Long time no post.

I am being offered a 1934 Roadster in generally very good condition. It is not cheap (almost $60K) but I am really tempted, as it is my favorite Ford ever.

However, before commiting to purchase it, I would love to hear experts opinions on what is correct and what is not.... or in other words, what I would need to correct if I purchase the car.

I am attaching a number of pics and please feel free to tell me anything bad or wrong about the car... like the pale yellow wheels and pinstriping, instead of Tacoma cream, for example.... or any other things you see.

Thanks,
Victor

This message was edited by 36 conv sedan on 8-1-23 @ 11:56 AM

36 conv sedan    -- 08-01-2023 @ 12:28 PM
  Now I feel embarased! Somehow my computer is not allowing me to add pics, sorry.

My main concern would be uphostery. I understand it should be leather. What about door panels? I have seen three designs.

One that is mainly a one row of stiches forming almost a cuadrangle.

Second one is a two row of stitches sort of cuadrangle with inverted triangle or chevron on top.

Third one, like this car has, I have only seen it in closed interiors: A much more elaborate design in which there is also a sort of cuadrangle formed by two row of stitches, close together and then a middle row also of two rows of stitches that starts horizontal and then forms a downward curve and up to horizontal again .. and then this particular car has a sort of aluminum insert at the lower part and a piece of carpet at the very bottom.

Sorry for my poor descriptions... and much better would be if someone could post a pic of a correct 1934 Deluxe Roadster door panel.

Thanks,
Victor

This message was edited by 36 conv sedan on 8-1-23 @ 12:40 PM

TomO    -- 08-01-2023 @ 5:27 PM
  Try resizing your photos to a smaller size and format them as .jpg files.

Tom

3w2    -- 08-06-2023 @ 9:56 AM
  Sorry for the belated response to your questions regarding the original upholstery in a '34 roadster. The attached photos are of a low -mileage survivor with its original interior, top, and side curtain intact and in remarkable condition. Late in the '34 model year the color of the upholstery was changed from the copra drab color in the photos to taupe, a lighter tan color.

P.S. The limit on photos per note is five. Perhaps by attempting nine at once, you torpedoed your own ship.

This message was edited by 3w2 on 8-6-23 @ 5:00 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16587