Topic: New member 1937 Flathead questions

Sezgin    -- 06-24-2023 @ 4:34 PM
  I recently acquired 1937 Flathead and running gear that I intend to put in 1931 5 window coupe. I am having trouble
Locating crankshaft pulley as well as documentation on how to rebuild crazy dual
Point distributor, fuel pump, carb that says ford and 94. Any help or direction where I can find parts and instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ford38v8    -- 06-24-2023 @ 7:08 PM
  Your ‘37 is the very best of the 21 stud engines, your distributor is not crazy but actually is a very excellent distributor, your fuel pump is as simple to rebuild as any you’ve ever seen, the 94 carb is great also, but not a good match to an early manifold, unless you block the heat risers. For that, try wheatstalk pennies with 1/8” holes through, which will give you separation of exhaust rumble while also providing the minimum of heat required for cold weather starts.
For parts , many sources, but you can’t do better than to contact Mike Driscoll, 35fordtn on this website.

Alan

This message was edited by ford38v8 on 6-24-23 @ 7:09 PM

Sezgin    -- 06-29-2023 @ 7:32 PM
  Thank you for your reply. Do you know
What the
Carb I have is?

MG    -- 06-29-2023 @ 7:56 PM
  From the picture you posted above, it appears to be a Holley 94 carburetor. The correct carb for a '37 Ford is a Stromberg 97...

carcrazy    -- 06-29-2023 @ 10:08 PM
  The answers to your questions are:
To locate a crankshaft pulley, place an ad under the Parts Wanted section of the Classifieds.
For the parts and information you need to rebuild your distributor, contact VanPelt in the Friends section of this website.
For the fuel pump rebuild kit you can also contact VanPelt - note the glass bowl fuel pump you have is not correct for '37 but when rebuild, will function properly.
For the Holley 94 carburetor rebuild kit contact Dennis Carpenter in the Vendors section of this website - the 94 carb is not correct but will function better than the original carb when properly rebuilt.

Sezgin    -- 07-05-2023 @ 6:04 PM
  Thanks for responses. I have most of my parts now either rebuilt or being sent. I’m looking forward to firing up the motor in next few weeks. Thanks again

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16503