Topic: Scam alert" Mark Donald"

cbabek    -- 05-20-2023 @ 7:15 AM

All,

have a parts wanted ad up on the forum for 35/6 aluminum heads and this is a response that I got

"Here ,I attached the picture of my ford 1936 cabriolet . I`m breaking the complete for parts , because of my surgery that is coming up soon . I want you to send me the list of parts that you need , along with your exact delivery address to know , how close you are to me ."

the picture is a complete car -

It sounds like this is happening more and more on the site. People here trust each-other because we all have a similar interest in flatheads.

how can the club reduce this from happening ?

Chris

tgs40ford    -- 07-25-2023 @ 4:43 PM
  Thanks for the Scam alert.
I just got a response to my request for parts from Mark Donald, I had written in my ad not to contact me unless you were a member. I emailed him and asked if he was a member. No response. Its my opinion that the Classified ads should not be open to Non Members. I have never had a bad experience with any Member. I have been a member since 1982. The way Mark writes his emails makes me think he is not from this country.
The use of the club website by non members should be a topic of conversation at a board meeting.

trjford8    -- 07-25-2023 @ 4:48 PM
  If you suspect a scam most likely you will be right. Ask if they are a member of the V-8 Club and ask for their address so you can look them up in the roster. Most likely you will not hear from them again. Yes most of these scammers are from foreign countries. Specifiacally Nigeria.

dean333    -- 07-25-2023 @ 6:27 PM
  Anybody that thinks someone is going to sell parts from a complete car deserves to be scammed.

TIM CARLIG

flathead48    -- 07-29-2023 @ 1:22 PM
  I received a message from him but this time it was a beautiful 39 coupe he was braking up because of surgery.
I was & am looking for 39 deluxe grill

This message was edited by flathead48 on 7-29-23 @ 1:23 PM

40 Coupe    -- 07-31-2023 @ 4:53 AM
  Same scam from Nicolas Meehan.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16424