Topic: Found under the floorboard

thirtysixford    -- 04-30-2023 @ 6:07 PM
  Never know what you might find. The passenger plywood floorboard had been replaced by a heavy metal plate. When I removed it and flipped it over, I found this.

Obviously repurposed from a Bear Alignment Co. sign. Wonder how long it's been there. I remember seeing these shops when I was a kid. I see they are still in business but none left near me.

JayChicago    -- 05-01-2023 @ 8:23 AM
  That's funny. Never know what you might find on a car that's been around for many decades. Reproduction floorboards were probably not available then. Thanks for sharing.

kirkstad    -- 05-01-2023 @ 3:37 PM
  When I was replacing some wiring under the dash of my 36,way up on top of the glove box,
I found a packet of paper used to roll your own cigarettes. The name on the pack said Zig Zag brand.

JayChicago    -- 05-02-2023 @ 6:28 AM
  That brings back personal memories. When I was young in the seventies, Zig Zag was the most common rolling paper used for rolling joints. I recall learning at that time the brand had been around for decades, was in common use by working class guys during the depression for roll-your-own cigarettes.

wmsteed    -- 05-07-2023 @ 8:46 AM
  I purchased a very nice unmolested '49 olds 88 several years ago in Rapid City SD. The car appeared to be quite cancer free, understandable because SD is known to be quite dry.
The car sat in my inventory for a couple of years before i stated to work on it, when I pulled the seats and carpet out, low and behold I discovered that the car was originally from Minnesota. Serious rust-out had occurred to the floor pan in the drivers area and trunk, repairs had been made using Minnesota license plates, the result being that I acquired over ten years of expired Minnesota plates to add to my collection.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

wmsteed    -- 05-07-2023 @ 9:09 AM
  Oppp's, a pix is worth a thousand words.
I meant to attach a pix of my lic plate collection. The collection is located on a wall in my hobby shop that is adjacent to the rest room. The majority of the plates are from cars I have owned during the past 50 years.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16383