Topic: sep/oct 2009 issue

194dee1    -- 10-19-2009 @ 11:50 AM
  I have not received by sep/oct 2009 issue of v8times.
have others recieved theirs? or am I too early?
John

oldford2    -- 10-19-2009 @ 12:17 PM
  I received mine on Friday in MA. John

194dee1    -- 10-19-2009 @ 12:31 PM
  Thanks that is a big help. sometimes my issue gets delivered to wrong address

John

trjford8    -- 10-20-2009 @ 8:02 AM
  You can never figure out the post office. In my zip code several of my friends received their Times last week(Thurs). My neighbor and I are still waiting for ours.

nelsb01    -- 10-21-2009 @ 7:41 PM
  The best that could happen would be that the Post Office would become privatised. Just think of how UPS, FedEX, is run --- then you would get your mail on time.
Please remember magazines are not first class -- they go out on the whim of the carrier --- if he/she wants a light day -- no magazines get delivered.

194dee1    -- 10-22-2009 @ 5:56 AM
  It is my understanding that the post office was several years ago to be a "sort of" private ententy.
That meant that the government would no longer subzadise the operation and that it had to pay for its self. Thus we have continuing postal rate climb.
The PO is not run efficiently. The union has divided the jobs too finely. I used to do a bulk mailing for my ham radio club and I would get to the PO with the mailing and several employees standing around doing nothing but I could only deal with the "bulk mailing expert" and that person would be on break. I think the PO should, like UPS not deliver on Saturday and save money.

supereal    -- 10-22-2009 @ 10:16 AM
  I doubt that the post office is at fault. Over the years, when my V8 TIMES was missing, it was likely grabbed by someone along the way, and a requested replacement was sent quickly. We do a lot of mailing, and I am always surprised at the speed and efficiency that gets a letter or package from one end of the country to the other in two days or less. It has proved to be faster and less expensive than UPS or FedEx for anything less than larger packages. Since the V8 TIMES was packaged in plastic, it has never failed to arrive here (in Iowa). Be sure that your address contains the four digits after the zip code.

TomO    -- 10-22-2009 @ 10:33 AM
  Postal service or lack of service depends upon where you live and who is delivering the mail. I have had many issues with my local post office on timely delivery and a friend who lives in the same town has had very good service for the same publications.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=163