Topic: stainless steel rivets

roby r    -- 07-31-2010 @ 6:18 AM
  Can anyone tell me where I might get the rivets that hold the interior window locks and such for my 47ford

TomO    -- 07-31-2010 @ 9:20 AM
  Most rivets sold today are the PopRivet type. You can try a marine supply house such as Jamestown Distributors or a hardware supplier like McMaster Carr.

You can Google Semi-tubular rivets for other sources. In any case they will not be duplicates of the originals, the head size or shape will be different.

Tom

supereal    -- 07-31-2010 @ 1:20 PM
  LeBaron Bonney carries nickle plated rivets in two sizes, 1/8 and 5/16. I suspect that the fasteners on your car are, in fact, nickle plated. Stainless steel rivets require special equipment to set them, as they are very hard material. The web site for L-B is www.LeBaronBonney.com The fastener pages are 102-104 in their catalog.

trjford8    -- 07-31-2010 @ 6:51 PM
  A good Ace Hardware store may be able to help. Many carry rivets(nickle plated tubular)in various sizes.

ford1941    -- 07-31-2010 @ 8:19 PM
  I am rebuilding the vent windows on a 41 Ford convertible. In doing this I am replacing all the rivets that hold the window frame and weather stripping. At the suggestion of a fellow V8er, I contacted Jay-Cee Sales & Rivet in Farmington, MI (www.rivetsinstock.com). After looking at their web-site, I called them and they had the correct 9/64 and 3/16 stainless steel semi-tubular rivets I needed. They were sold in quantities of 100 per size, but the prices were very reasonable (~$6 to $9 per hundred). They also had the squeezer dies and tool I needed to set the rivets. I completed the transaction over the phone and had the rivets in just a couple of days. I expect they’d have the rivets you need, too. I would start by looking at their website to understand the sizing of the rivets you need before calling. The Ford body parts book for your year is also very helpful for providing original rivet sizes. One last note, the stainless steel rivets are unpolished when you receive them, but they polish up just like chrome with a quick buff. Please contact me if you have any specific questions. Scott

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1629