Topic: Scam Alert!

wilsonsk    -- 11-03-2022 @ 6:41 AM
  Disclaimer: If this is not a scam, all concerned parties can make it right and I'll make a public retraction and apology

Beware the following names, user names and emails:

Shawnee Broussard (see attached screenshot of "Broussard" coming up in a scam on a different forum, same MO)
xxultimatum@aol.com
Scott Timm (this seems to be an alias he took from another scam victim in a different message board, I have notified the actual Scott Timm, a member of that forum for 9 years, that this was going on).
Timm Scott
wagonwx@gmail.com
wagonwx (a user on this forum and many others, all profiles created in the last 30 days).
shastaosbey35@gmail.com (google turns up a couple other scams this email is associated with)

I have a post in the wanted section of the classifieds for a puller to rent or buy for my 41 Tudor.

On Oct 15, 2022 I received an email from timm scott <wagonwx@gmail.com> with this message...
"broussard would be a good option,contact him via xxultimatum@aol. com .He has a Rear Hub Puller for 41 Ford Tudor he wants to part with."

I sent an email to xxultimatum@aol.com and got the following response...

"shawnee broussard
Attachments
Sun, Oct 16, 1:02 PM
to me

Hello Steve ,

I do have a rear hub puller for 1928-1948 Ford. K.R.Wilson.
I am way far to MN . I am located in Houston area of TX
I can just sell $60 shipped to your address .
Let me know". He attached pictures that I found were in the Jalopy Journal forum in 2009 (I have screenshots of the Jalopy Journal post from 2009).

A couple more emails back and forth and he asked me to Google pay $60 to buy and ship the tool to me from Houston to Minnesota.

The email he told me to use for Google pay we shastaosbey35@gmail.com, I paid, he said he would send me tracking info when it shipped, I've never heard from him again. I sent and email to shastaosbey35@gmail.com (he claimed this was his wife's email), no response. I replied to "Timm Scott" or "Scott Timm", he replied that he would try to get me a phone number.

I have since found "wagonwx" user on this forum and may others, profiles all created within the last 30 days.

I found the real Timm Scott (or Scott Timm) on the BWCA forum (canoeing on the Minnesota/Canada border) by googling "Broussard", "Broussard" scammed the real Timm Scott out of $350 using the same process, a different accomplice name though. I also found "shastaosbey35@gmail.com" associated with other scams as well.

Hopefully this all makes sense, I can share more info if it is helpful and I STILL am looking for a hub puller to do my brakes on my 41 if anyone has one to rent, loan or sell.

Thanks!

Steve

This message was edited by wilsonsk on 11-3-22 @ 6:46 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16059