Topic: logging in to EFV8

oldford2    -- 07-26-2010 @ 4:44 PM
  Just wondering what I am doing wrong? I see a post that I want to reply to so have to go and log in. Then I have to go back and find the post to reply. Then if I come on again the same thing all over. Is there a way I can be remembered and stay logged in?? Sometimes I don't reply because I don't want to log in again.
Thanks
John

flathead4rd    -- 07-26-2010 @ 5:07 PM
  No. You have to log in each time you bring up the site. Don't know if they can change that or not.

ford38v8    -- 07-26-2010 @ 5:07 PM
  John, when you log off or shut down your computer, then you will have to log onto the site again. I usually just put my computer into sleep mode, and I stay logged on.

An easy way to find the post again is to hit the back button after you log in. You can then post your reply and go on to another post.

Alan

oldford2    -- 07-26-2010 @ 5:56 PM
  O K Alan,
The back button. I will try that when I send this reply.
Thanks,
John

oldford2    -- 07-26-2010 @ 6:00 PM
  Well, I tried the back button and it said the webpage had expired. So, I hit the forward button and here I am. O K back then forward. It works

lightflyer1    -- 07-27-2010 @ 8:15 AM
  When will the new posts feature be fixed?

MICHV8    -- 07-27-2010 @ 8:25 AM
  what is needed on the forum side is a searchable database of previous posts. However, for that to become a viable enhancement, what is also needed on the member side of the equation are searchable topic headings. So I would suggest that we all become a little better at describing the topic. As an example (no personal criticism intended), the topic "new old problem" is not effective as a description. Or "once in a life time deal". As an example of good current topic headings: "39 ford standard headlights" Or "37 shocks"...you betcha!

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 07-28-2010 @ 7:37 AM
  Are you using WINDOWS EXPLOER 8 ?
I installed this and it has the tabs on header bar, that you can pull down and do not have to reload the web site,you can go back and forth,very similar to WINDOWS 7
maybe this will work, I am by no means a expert,
but trying to help, 37RAGTOPMAN KEEP ON TRUCKIN,,,,!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1604