Topic: 2o22 Hershey - Early Ford V-8 Club

nelsb01    -- 10-05-2022 @ 4:40 PM
  Wednesday..........
Looked like rain. But just periods of light mist.
And, low and behold, come about 3 pm -- you started to see ol' sol in the sky.
Drove back to the hotel with my sunglasses on.

Hope for t-shirt and shorts weather for Thursday --- don't let me down weather person!

nelsb01    -- 10-06-2022 @ 4:42 PM
  What a difference a day makes!

I showed 74 degrees on my phone at 3 pm. Beautiful blue sky, slight breeze and people in short sleeves.

Finally a day to enjoy and not worry about dampness.

nelsb01    -- 10-07-2022 @ 2:37 AM
  One interesting PA announcement on Thursday.
The announcer mentioned, that no matter what you have heard or seen, the 2023 AACA Fall National Meet will be held Tuesday thru Friday, and that includes years following.

Although, this year, if it had been held Wednesday thru Saturday (as in years past) the weather would have been much better for searching for items.
Today, Friday, will be another wonderful day temperature wise. Off to see the cars drive on the field.

nelsb01    -- 10-07-2022 @ 2:48 PM
  Another gorgeous day in PA. Got up early to watch the vehicles drive onto the show field.
After a while walked over to the field and had to fight through the crowd around the brass era vehicles. They are still the favorites for sure.
Chatted with V-8 Club members and also checked out the Preservation Class -- definitely popular for the AACA.
Decided to walk back to the car via the car corral. Some 'high' asking prices for Early Ford V-8s.
Started thinking about plans for October 2023.

DanD32    -- 10-08-2022 @ 3:25 PM
  Me and my wife went to Hershey this year probably the 10th year in a row its going down hill in my opinion the prices for food or water are outrageous they more than doubled from last year and all the golf carts. Iam walking and have to yield all day to them its not good. More junk than car parts!

nelsb01    -- 10-08-2022 @ 4:18 PM
  I have to agree to the prices for food. It's the whole food industry that has gone nuts since Covid.
While as you explain junk --the stuff I was looking for was not out until after the rain stop.
Since I first started attending in 1982, there has always been 'junk' out. Seems that is the backbone of the hobby -- vendors that think if they set it out on a tarp for $1 -- they will consider any sale a lottery win.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15992