Topic: Grand National Winner Search

H3Aviation    -- 09-25-2022 @ 7:52 AM
  So, I recently purchased a 1940 Ford Deluxe that is bone stock, 6V Positive Ground. Color is Mandarin Maroon Lacquer. The car is a very nice, much older restoration that came with some very nice maintenance records. The most recent owner had it since 1980.

As part of the history, it apparently was a Grand National Winner at some point. It was also a participant in the 1983 Grand National and it placed in some type of award.

Is there such a thing as a Grand National Winner, or category that it could have won.

I've been an EV8 Club Member for 20 years and have entire V8 Times collection back to 2001. I have looked on the index and didn't see anything that jumped out.

I have the owners' names that were EV8 Club Members and possibly the winner.

The previous owners are long deceased.

J. Hogg listed as "National Champ" Possibly between 1975 - 1984

J. Galle Listed as 1983 Grand National Participant and winner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alanwoodieman    -- 09-25-2022 @ 10:53 AM
  contact Antique Automobile Club of America. located Hershey pa. those are the names of awards given out by that club not the V8 club

3w2    -- 09-25-2022 @ 12:54 PM
  I beg to differ. A vehicle awarded at a V8 Club Grand National Meet held every five years could be thought of informally as a "Grand National Winner" as well as one the usual formal award names of the Club such as "Dearborn" or "Dearborn Emeritis".

V8 Club Grand National Meets preceded AACA Grand National Meets by several decades.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 09-25-2022 @ 3:10 PM
  I would suggest that you check with the National Chief Judge of the EFV-8CA.
His email information can be found on the menu to the left - National Club Information, Staff Roster.

He may have some infomation about your vehicle.

Web Administrator

trjford8    -- 09-25-2022 @ 3:20 PM
  The V-8 Club sells a flash drive that has 56 years of back issues on the flash drive. That would take you back to the time when the '40 won the awards. The Grand National Meets were written up in the Times and the winners were listed. The flash drive is $20 plus the shipping. It would be well worth it for you to get it and research it for the info you need. Use the left hand menu of this site and go to the "on line store". You'll find it under media.

Kens 36    -- 09-26-2022 @ 1:02 PM
  I have sent a private message to the original poster.

Ken

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15963