Topic: Scammer - charlesducan788@gmail.com

mhsprecher    -- 08-24-2022 @ 7:58 AM
  I posted an ad for part wanted. I got a response from a charlesducan788@gmail.com. The e-mail had some bad grammar and the like and said that he was parting out a 1951 Ford convertible and showed a picture. It seemed odd that he was parting it out, but I engaged with him assuming he was okay. As the messages continued, I became more suspicious. I asked him what RG he belonged to and where he lived? He responded with a "what do you mean?" By that time i had done a search on his e-mail address and came up with a couple of red flags. FYI.

tgs40ford    -- 09-01-2022 @ 9:18 PM
  I have had the same person using the name Charles Duncan, email me mins after i posted a Want Ad for 51 Ford parts and a second Want ad for overdrive parts. I have had three other NON Members email me about parts as well, the latest is using a female name. None seem to really know a lot about the correct Ford part numbers or applications. Two of the responses have used common American First names as Last names in their emails. Godwill Fred was one of them. I used our membership book to see if they were members before i proceeded. There seems to be a lot of Scammers using the club web site as leads. I have sent an email to our webmaster and he suggested that i post this email and warn others to be careful dealing with Scammers.

itslow    -- 09-26-2022 @ 9:56 AM
  This individual just sent me an email response as well.

"Let me know if you are still interested in 1933 passenger car parts you requested for . Send me an email if you are still interested."

Obviously a scammer based on threads on other forums as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=charlesducan788%40gmail.com

Similarly, "Godwill Fred" (godwillfred54@gmail.com) is also a scammer.

"Hello,

Just want to let you know that I have , 1933 passenger car parts , if you are interested, email me back for more details.

Thanks.

What is the year of yours"

This message was edited by itslow on 9-26-22 @ 10:02 AM

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 09-27-2022 @ 1:11 PM
  Another SCAMMER
HERE is what I received from ad I had placed, so beware
think before leaping

Hello,

Thanks for the mail.However,I want you to know that the price is okay by me and as for picking it up that will not be a problem..I will contact an agent that will handle the pick up.As for the payment i will be paying with Cashier's Check which will be cashed easily...I want you to know that i will be adding shipping money for the check you are going to receive..in which you will deduct your $239,and the remaining balance is for my Shipping agent that will be coming for the pick up at your place and deliver to me...To send it out i will need your full name and address where the Cashier's Check will be sent to and your phone number...Listed bellow:

1. The full name on the Cashier's Check
2. Mailing Address to send the Cashier's Check
3. Contact phone number.

So that the Cashier's Check can be written out in your name and mail to your address..
PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the advert from the placing site..okay, or any interested buyer that mail you,just let them know that it has been sold,so for doing that i will be willing to compensate you with $100.Hope this is clear to you..

Get back to me asap.

Terrie Bowsher.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15898