Topic: Once in a life time deal

sober painter    -- 07-17-2010 @ 10:57 AM
  I was the carpenter that worked on the floors in Fair Lane manor. After the job was done there was flooring that was to damaged to be reinstalled.
I was told to throw it away but there was no way i'd do that.
so here's the problem, what do i make from this vary limited supply of wood to reach the most people.
I'd rather make something small so more people can have a piece of history.
Thank You
sean spalmer59@yahoo.com

my first try at eBay # 280533228936

ford38v8    -- 07-17-2010 @ 12:52 PM
  spalmer, I sent you an email regarding the use of your flooring in the making of trophies for a National Meet.

Alan

Stroker    -- 07-17-2010 @ 3:35 PM
  Gee, as a veteran lumber person, that looks like "quarter-sawn" oak.

ford38v8    -- 07-17-2010 @ 7:31 PM
  Dan, I stopped by the old Highland Park Ford plant when I was in Detroit a few years back, and picked up a hunk of Ford history in the form of a concrete decoration that had fallen off the Administration building. Just a hunk of concrete to anyone but a Ford buff. It's in a display case with other memorabilia now.

Alan

sober painter    -- 07-18-2010 @ 6:46 AM
  Hi alan. Im counting up the sq. ft. to see if i can make enough

sober painter    -- 07-18-2010 @ 6:48 AM
  Good eye. It is quarter sawn red oak. the floor is done in a herringbone pattern

This message was edited by sober painter on 7-18-10 @ 6:50 AM

carguy    -- 07-18-2010 @ 12:06 PM
  How about a small piece with the script Ford inside the oval laser engraved on the front with the wording "Wood from the original floors in Fair Lane manor." hot stamped into the back.

ford38v8    -- 07-18-2010 @ 9:32 PM
  Carguy, That would be good but for the fact that Ford lawyers would pounce on it like a cat on a mouse. Ford cannot allow an infringement on their copyright to go unpunished. The cost of certifying authenticity and licensing would be prohibitive.

Alan

sober painter    -- 07-22-2010 @ 5:43 AM
  I'm finding it impossible to get anyone involved to even admit that that had anything to do with the wood.
I'm thinking that the powers that be are scared to admit they let the wood get thrown out. everyone is trying to cover there ass.
But i have all the proof i need so i wont be talking to Ford moder Co. or Fair Lane Manor or U of M dearborn
there's no reason to kick a sleeping dog.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1564