Topic: SCAM

v8teditor    -- 02-06-2022 @ 3:18 PM
  I have several items for sale. I get emails asking for price and picture of item. Those are in the ad! Sounds like a scam to me.

trjford8    -- 02-06-2022 @ 5:14 PM
  Most likely a scam. Probably want your pictures to be e-mailed, so they can be used to run a scam on somebody else.

roadster36    -- 02-06-2022 @ 9:02 PM
  I had 4 scammers respond to my '33 hood wanted ad.
The latest was from Den Mar (denm71235@gmail.com)

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 02-07-2022 @ 5:59 AM
  hi everybody,,,~~~~~~
when you receive a response to your ad, ask them if they are a EARLY FORD V8 MEMBER,
find them in the roster,
and or where they live,
and only have them send a check and wait 10 days for it clears, on the check there will be a address and a phone number
of the BANK
sometimes I go by the number on the check if it is high number and how the person communicates with you
and how is there language is in the email
Hope this Helps, 37 Ragtopman , Maine

JayChicago    -- 02-07-2022 @ 11:39 AM
  Yeah, latest scammer is Den Mar. He responded to my wanted ad. Then he emailed a pic of exactly what I am looking for. After reading your post about Den Mar, I wondered how a scammer could have had that perfect picture of an unusual NOS part. A google search found the picture is from an old internet ad by Third Generation.

I had told Den Mar I wanted to have a phone conversation to be reassured he isn’t one of the scammers that responds to the wanted ads. I was going to ask s few questions, ask what RG he belongs to and then verify with the Club roster. Now I know why he hasn’t called me. My phone number will probably get sold to telemarketing lists.

46coupe    -- 02-07-2022 @ 4:01 PM
  Today I received my second scam and this is what I wrote:

Ken
I do not do business in this manner. I do not do business with agents and certainly will not be paying the agent which is your responsibility.
I find it hard to believe that a previous buyer said the exact same thing. Different name but the same criteria. I guess scammers can only use one type of format to copy from. If you are not a scammer then I'm sure you will provide me with YOUR contact information so that I can qualify you as a real buyer.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15471